IGNORED

SGM Purchased; Now What?!

sixersfan105

Today I paid the balance owed on my Super Game Module (SGM) from Opcode's 5th Run. I'm excited to get it! That said, it would appear as though there aren't any vendors currently selling SGM-compatible games. Is that correct? I've seen some references to Opcode ramping up production on their out of print games sometime later this year or early next year once they have their new cartridge shell tooling finalized, but are there any alternatives? I know AtariAge used to sell Team Pixelboy's games (of which they seem to have several quality SGM games) but looks like the AtariAge Store has dramatically reduced the number of Team Pixelboy games that appear in the Store, and even the three that are still listed are not in stock.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

There are many of the SGM ROMs that have been released that you can play via the AtariMax SD Cart.  I would check www.cvaddict.com for those ROMs or also the CollectorVision Rom Vault.  CollectorVision is also making available some back catalog games for a limited time.  And I would also make sure you are on Opcode's email newsletter for upcoming game releases.

• Thanks 1

If you search for pixelboy's Christmas posts, you will see he's released a lot of games in rom format. I would look into purchasing an Atarimax multicart to start.

There are other time available here as well. This is a pretty decent list:
https://cvaddict.com/list.php?filter=3

From there, focus on new titles for purchase or venture to ebay to pick them up second hand. Gooddealgames.com also has some for sale.

• Thanks 1

Def buy the AtariMax Ultimate SD MultiCart from AtariMax. Then you can download all the rom files that have been made available throughout the years by the Homebrewers. Almost all but the latest are available freely or as a Rom Pack in the case of CollectorVision.

• Thanks 1