IGNORED

Frankenstein's Monster

nanochess

Hi all.

My Macbook went on strike this week, and I found myself out of my work streak, so I got my older Macbook and then I was surfing the net while waiting for the part. (the Mid-2012 model has a common problem that the hard disk cable goes nuts, and you should replace it, probably because it is pressed against the aluminium cover by the hard disk that goes hot for long periods)

Anyway, my first project for the Halloween game was stuck and I lost a great deal of time saving the important files like my new book, some in-progress games, and so.

Instead I reminded of Frankenstein's Monster for Atari 2600, and thought it could be given a nice revamp on Intellivision. So I started working on my old Macbook.

I started Yesterday by midday, and had very nice progress by 1:30am. And this morning by 6:30am I did the intermediate bats screen, made the sound effects, and asked for some music to @Nyuundere under severe time contraints ?("sometimes I cannot understand why people isn't so fast as me", sorry, I was reading the Chinese description of my Horse sign, and now I'm supposing that it was what made me to write Unlucky Pony, yep, better to think that instead of letting people to think that I fall for the Rev's charm, oh my, I've talked too much...)

So IT IS ALIVE!!!

Move your tiny hero over the screen using the disc directions, jump over enemies, don't fall into holes, retrieve the brick at the bottom of screen, and bring it up to the top of screen under the monster. Avoid the bats and deposit the brick in the marks. Repeat five times more to avoid the monster being freed.

BTW @fdr4prez is guilty for the Game Over screen, in fact I thought for a moment he was behind my chair when he posted that movie shot! ?

Play it, enjoy it! ?

franken.rom

shot0001.gif.eb9cb7feda66e23c9a646fbd66db3173.gif

shot0002.gif.4274eea6b5885b78489f3857a1362123.gif

shot0003.gif.25d0b895ec2b8041ed0aa0bbc2fbc356.gif

Edited by nanochess
  • Like 23
  • Thanks 9
  • Haha 1

On 10/30/2020 at 4:19 PM, nanochess said:

I started Yesterday by midday, and had very nice progress by 1:30am. And this morning by 6:30am I did the intermediate bats screen, made the sound effects, and asked for some music to @Nyuundere under severe time contraints ?("sometimes I cannot understand why people isn't so fast as me", sorry, I was reading the Chinese description of my Horse sign, and now I'm supposing that it was what made me to write Unlucky Pony, yep, better to think that instead of letting people to think that I fall for the Rev's charm, oh my, I've talked too much...)

I did the music in two hours on another laptop because I was repairing my HDD. ;-;

Edited by Nyuundere
Typo
  • Like 2

Wouldn't it be even more sinister if he got a private version of the compiler that is exceptionally efficient, but the one released to the public was on purpose crippled or at least not fully optimized (or with fewer parameters for optimization that could break results for newbies using them)?

• Haha 1

On 11/5/2020 at 1:16 AM, carlsson said:

Wouldn't it be even more sinister if he got a private version of the compiler that is exceptionally efficient, but the one released to the public was on purpose crippled or at least not fully optimized (or with fewer parameters for optimization that could break results for newbies using them)?

Naa... he had a secret 'build a game' button hidden into Intybasic, which put a person in a frenzy programming days and nights with little breaks until the game's complete.  He can't push that button too much or else he'll run out of candles and won't be able to program for awhile.

• Haha 1

Just noticed I never posted the Youtube video! Added to the first post. ?

It made me so happy that all people enjoyed the game. It got very good comments!

Now the mighty Rev has convinced me of improving on the game for the physical release! ?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4