IGNORED

Atari 8-Bit Keyboards (From Best)

Blues76

Hi all,

I was looking at best electronics options from keyboard replacements. They have multiple of them for the same machine and I was wondering what is your experience with any of them (or all of them):

CA061983-2nd   Atari 600XL / 800XL U.S. Qwerty Keyboard upgraded the new Best XL Lifetime Keyboard mylar CA061983-2nd $59.95
CB101055-2nd The New 2nd Gen. Best Enhanced / Upgraded / Lifetime 600XL / 800XL Keyboard replacement mylar are $32.95.
CA061983PCB  600XL / 800XL U.S. Qwerty Keyboard, PCB / mechanical switch version   $75.00

CB101049    65XE / 130XE Mitsumi Replacement Keyboard $22.00
CB101702     65XE / 130XE Qwerty Keyboard $36.00
CB101454  * 65XE / 130XE Sugiyama  $22.00
CB102117     65XE / 130XE / 800XE  “The Best” “XE” Touch (Formally called “TT” Touch for XE computers) $19.95

http://www.best-electronics-ca.com

Thanks

I can speak for the CB102117     65XE / 130XE / 800XE  “The Best” “XE” Touch (Formally called “TT” Touch for XE computers) $19.95

I replaced those in my XE and it makes the world of difference. Worth the 20 bucks and only took me 15 minutes to complete

Hope that helps. 

Edited by videofx
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, videofx said:

I can speak for the CB102117     65XE / 130XE / 800XE  “The Best” “XE” Touch (Formally called “TT” Touch for XE computers) $19.95

I replaced those in my XE and it makes the world of difference. Worth the 20 bucks and only took me 15 minutes to complete

Hope that helps. 

Definitely would add these!  I did both of my 130XEs (one NTSC, one PAL) and a 1040.  IMHO - my 130XE  is as nice to type on now, as my 1200XL is.

• Like 3

On 10/31/2020 at 3:35 PM, Stephen said:

Definitely would add these!  I did both of my 130XEs (one NTSC, one PAL) and a 1040.  IMHO - my 130XE  is as nice to type on now, as my 1200XL is.

Based on the recommendations here, I just received and installed these on my 130xe. If you have a 130xe, you NEED this!

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, tsom said:

Based on the recommendations here, I just received and installed these on my 130xe. If you have a 130xe, you NEED this!

I second that opinion. I have the XE touch chips in my XEGS. It makes a huge difference if you do any topping on the keyboard. 

Bob C

On 10/31/2020 at 12:17 PM, videofx said:

Hope that helps. 

I did the TT Touch upgrade, made no difference to me.  Wasted time and money.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, gilsaluki said:

I did the TT Touch upgrade, made no difference to me.  Wasted time and money.

I did it on a 65XE. While on the original keyboard you just feel some resistance pressing the key down, the „Touch“ cups give you a little more resistance and a kind of „plop“ before registering. Not quite as klicky as an old IBM keyboard, of course. I found it rather firm for typing but would suppose that how much of a difference it makes also depends on how much your old keyboard was used. A programming or typing machine might feel mushier than a games machine. 

41 minutes ago, Albert said:

Keep politics out of this thread and AtariAge.  This is the only warning I will post here before I start ejecting people from this thread.  Attaching "No politics here" to your comment when you're CLEARLY bringing politics into the discussion isn't going to shield you, @gilsaluki.

Thank you,

..Al

OK, what am I missing?!

Obviously this was some sort of warning but, for the life of me, I can't see where anyone said anything even remotely political. Or was this a preemptive warning to someone that usually posts political stuff, even though they hadn't yet?

I'm sure we can all appreciate the warning, but if nothing political was said, it's just weird and confusing to the rest of us.

3 minutes ago, bfollowell said:

OK, what am I missing?!

Obviously this was some sort of warning but, for the life of me, I can't see where anyone said anything even remotely political. Or was this a preemptive warning to someone that usually posts political stuff, even though they hadn't yet?

I'm sure we can all appreciate the warning, but if nothing political was said, it's just weird and confusing to the rest of us.

Two political posts were made and quickly removed.  I would not post such a warning in a thread preemptively.

..Al

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, bfollowell said:

OK, what am I missing?!

It was posted and very overtly.  Just because someone says "No offence, but your mom is a fat slag" doesn't take away the offence :)  Hence Albert's wording in his warning.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

OK, gotcha. Since they were removed, but the warning wasn't, I had no idea what was going on. Thanks for clearing it and keeping stuff like that out of our boards.

I'm not really thrilled with the way things went in the U.S. recently, but that has nothing to do with Atari and no place on these boards. We all just need to get along and enjoy Atari discussions and leave the politics to the politicians.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bfollowell said:

We all just need to get along and enjoy Atari discussions and leave the politics to the politicians.

Yes, there's no end to sites where you can discuss politics if that's your thing.  Don't want it here as such discussions generally result in people pissing one another off, and discussions where politics are introduced often quickly degrade.  So, let's please get back to the subject of this thread, Atari 8-Bit Keyboards (From Best).  Thanks!

..Al

• Like 4

On 11/6/2020 at 10:23 AM, mdivancic said:

When did that happen? I just ordered two weeks ago with PayPal!

Do you know the exact date you placed an order? On 10-23 this is what Brad typed to me...

Brian we are having problems
with PayPal merchant customer
support.  With the virus they
have gutted their Customer
service department down to
no support.  So we are switching
over to G Pay Payment system.

49 minutes ago, AtariBrian said:

Do you know the exact date you placed an order? On 10-23 this is what Brad typed to me...

Brian we are having problems
with PayPal merchant customer
support.  With the virus they
have gutted their Customer
service department down to
no support.  So we are switching
over to G Pay Payment system.

Funny, I see nothing at all about PayPal suffering a virus attack when doing some Google searches on it...

..Al

• Like 1

I just assumed he was talking about the Covid. The odd thing was, is that Brad just assumed I had G Pay which I don't. And on top of that I ordered some different items and one was for two of his new cx-40 cables. But he only charged me for one and only gave me one. So I don't know if he cut me off or made a mistake but I am pretty sure he cut me off for the order. I was afraid to ask if he could change it as he probably would of gotten upset, so I guess I just get one for now. ?

Edited by AtariBrian
  • Haha 2