IGNORED

High Score menu location

Prizrak

Looking at it again, yes I feel high score should be moved to where Plus ROMS is at and maybe hide the combat, sookobo and the others until that section matures some more. As @Omegamatrixadds more and more to the high score club I feel it's a major feature for the cart yet takes a back seat from where it's currently listed.

4 minutes ago, Prizrak said:

As we keep adding more to the high score category I think we should move it's current location. Now it kind of feels buried in the menu and I feel it should be up front and on it near the main start menu.

That would be okay with me.

4 minutes ago, Prizrak said:

Is that doable? What do you think?

The ROMs can be moved where ever we want. But the links in the PlusCart thread announcements wouldn't work anymore, if we do so (or rename the files). Also the links at the High Score Club homepage to the online emulator are generated and point to that directory in the PlusStore.

So if we want to place them more prominently, we should copy the existing ROMs to the new place. And then change the link building for the emulator at the High Score Club homepage. All new ROMs can then be only published in the new directory.

• 2 months later...

I noticed High Score feature in Pluscart. It seems like unique Pluscart feature, right? It is very good idea! I even got myself to River Raid top 50 :)

I just wonder how is it made. I guess it reads the Atari memory and uploads the score after game finish? It must have been quite difficult to program this, right?

1 hour ago, Wizzard said:

I noticed High Score feature in Pluscart. It seems like unique Pluscart feature, right?

The PlusCart is currently the only hardware that supports these PlusROM functions, but my Javatari fork and Gopher2600 support these functions too.

It is very good idea! I even got myself to River Raid top 50 :)

Congratulations ?

I just wonder how is it made. I guess it reads the Atari memory and uploads the score after game finish? It must have been quite difficult to program this, right?

using the PlusROM functions means you can connect your ROM to your internet backend and send/receive data via a ring buffer.

More info on the PlusROM functions and how to build your own internet enabled ROM can be found here:

http://pluscart.firmaplus.de/pico/?PlusROM

If you prefer batariBasic you can use my bB fork to use PlusROM functions in bB:

https://github.com/Al-Nafuur/batari-Basic

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wizzard said:

I dont want to create a bug, just noticed that High Score in Turmoil is recorded in different category, like Start Level 6 instead of Start Level 1, when I just started the game and did not set different level. I prefer PAL version.

This is indeed a bug in the Turmoil HSC ROM.

Seems like that PAL version records not starting level, but rather ending level?

Yes, in the disassembly the variable was called starting_level, but it is the current level the player is in..

• Like 1

• 4 months later...