IGNORED

Brazilian PlusCarts

Al_Nafuur

I have used google translate to translate the thread to german. Here is the english translation.

"Dablio Games" is the thread starter and producer of the Cartridge.

Dablio Games Retro Guys, I'm still going to make a video explaining everything in the cartridge, but you can keep the part that you upload the score to the site to see how it works:
-2: 02

1 Std.

Franclim Linden Masiero
Franclim Linden Masiero Witchcraft !! Burn that cartridge !!! Hauahuaahua !!!
51 Min.

Dablio Games Retro
Author / in
Dablio Games Retro Franclim Linden Masiero Fred Bandeira Anderson Teodoro Rogério Pintan It is a cartridge without a card slot, which allows you to connect to a dedicated server, this server is powered by AtariAge users, so any new rom that appears there will be available Also for you to use in the cartridge, when you turn it on it accesses the server and sets up the menu with the list of games (classified in different ways so you can get straight to what you want easily), there are modified roms where you just have to play and your score goes up to a website automatically, yesterday they even made seaquest available with this included function, there is a rom in combat tests where you can play with a friend who also has the cartridge, it doesn't work well, they are working on it, what matters is the idea and new games will be able to use this perfectly since they will not be modifications of existing games, you can also connect to your cell phone (I don’t know what exactly, I haven’t tested it yet) and it’s still possible to store in the cartridge, even without an SD card, some roms to play where there is no wi-fi, I tested it with 50 games, so you can put your favorites to play even without internet in the place, the menu is nice 32 characters on the screen and they are big, you can even choose the type of font (currently only 2) .. and everything is configured on the atari screen, search for access points, enter password, log in to the server to upload records ... the project is in progress progress, it is not a final product (the hardware is final, the software you constantly update via the internet, it notifies you when there are new updates), and it is currently in version 0.15 it runs 100% of the official atari library as unocart does and harmony, including pitfall 2.

5 Std.

Eck Renrew
Eck Renrew Dablio Games Retro give me the link pf
46 Min.
Franclim Linden Masiero
Franclim Linden Masiero Do I get one !! This will fit like a glove for the bar I'm setting up !!
1 Std.
Dablio Games Retro
Author / in
Dablio Games Retro via deposit or mercadolivre .. 350 + freight in deposit ... 450 in 12x in ML (I haven't made an announcement yet, I have to make a presentation video)
1 Std.
Franclim Linden Masiero
Franclim Linden Masiero But it is doing a great service! Where are you selling?
1 Std.
Dablio Games Retro
Author / in
Dablio Games Retro but it is not my project, I just assemble
1 Std.
Dablio Games Retro
Author / in
Dablio Games Retro Product ready and on sale :))
1 Std.
Franclim Linden Masiero
Franclim Linden Masiero Is the project under any crowdfunding? I want to help!!
3 Std.
Franclim Linden Masiero
Franclim Linden Masiero What an amazing thing !!! Dude, thanks for the explanation and the construction of this! You transported the 2600 to Sec XXI !! It deserves an award !!
3 Std.

Anderson Teodoro
Anderson Teodoro Also want to know why the Wi-Fi !? Connect Smartphone, Smartv ....!?

7 Std.

Dablio Games Retro
Author / in
Dablio Games Retro you not only download the roms from a dedicated server, but your score goes up to a project page that maintains the ranking, you have access to all new roms from the atariage forum and you will still have the possibility to play online in the future with friends who are also using the same cartridge.
1 Std.

Fred Flag
Fred Bandeira I don't even know why Wi-Fi, but I'm already in line to buy ...

9 Std.

Dablio Games Retro
Author / in
Dablio Games Retro only pay then because it is a ready product hehehe
1 Std.

Franclim Linden Masiero
Franclim Linden Masiero W !! Explain that thing there! I didn't have anything!

10 Std.

Rogério Pintan
Rogério Pintan And why would a cartridge have Wifi? Looking forward to more details.

9 Std.

1 minute ago, Prizrak said:

Any way you can make it so unauthorized PlusCarts get rejected by the server?

Yes we could do that and block all the devices he has build by their ID. But I don't think we should do it.

He stated that it is not his project and that is done by some users at AtariAge. But he doesn't give the link to AA or the PlusCart homepage. I don't have (and don't want) a facebook account, but maybe someone should post the links in the thread?

I like his board, even if I would use a SMD variant of the ESP8266 for a production board.

I checked the price he stated (350 real ?) it seems to be about $60 a bit pricey, especially in Brazil. I am calculating my price for a small production run of my version and it will be about the half of this.

what annoys me a bit is that he hasn't contacted me before, but maybe his english skills are as bad as my portuguese.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Prizrak said:

Perhaps, if he is willing to collaborate or something that maybe you two can come to some agreement. I can go on facebook and post links to that information if you would like.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

If you like you can post the link to the AtariAge thread

https://atariage.com/forums/topic/297172-pluscart-an-inexpensive-diy-wifi-multicart/

, the PlusCart Homepage

https://pluscart.firmaplus.de

and maybe a comment that it would be good style to inform the project founder.

1 minute ago, Prizrak said:

Perhaps@Al_Nafuur ,seems he's taking things that are open source and running with it for his personal needs.

The UnoCart firmware is open source just like the PlusCart firmware. It is not illegal to build your own and sell them. As long as you are informing your customers and give the GPL. But it would be nice to inform the creator..

The pictures of his PCB designs are very detailed, so they are kind of open source too:
57338902_1074634556071501_1984398074709057083800_1074634579404832_28628519276479

• Like 1

I've been thinking about this situation.

I think it would be a good idea to establish a minimum set of functionality for the online store/interface.

That minimum set will work for any/all PlusCarts, no matter who makes them.

But, also have extended functionality which is only available for "unlocked" PlusCarts. And by "unlocked", I mean those carts for which @Al_Nafuur has received some sort of royalty (let's say $5).  So, when you have a "locked" PlusCart, then maybe you don't have a "My ROMS" section, nor do you see any of the new homebrews. You just see "Classic ROMs" and that's it.

You can go to your PlusStore account and it will provide an option to "unlock" for the $5.

Also, the unregistered/unlocked carts could be fed a menu/message indicating they are not fully functional, directing to the PlusStore.

After all, @Al_Nafuur is not only the inventor, but he also pays for the web space and functionality.  It seems reasonable to charge for that side of things. I would suggest a $2/year subscription, or $10 up-front giving your cart a lifetime subscription.

• Like 3

I have posted asking for the gerber/design files of the circuit board.

My understanding is that under the GPL, he must release these to anyone who requests them.

If he's not going to follow the GPL licensing conditions, then my vote would be to render all his PlusCarts inactive.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Thomas Jentzsch said:

AFAIK here the situation is different. Harmony is not open source.

Yes, but I am not sure if this is a Harmony PCB, maybe @batari can tell.

At least in his PlusCart PCB (which is his modified UnoCart layout) he has printed the PlusCart name on, but on the supposed UnoCart PCB and this one there is no reference.

We don't know if he is selling his UnoCart and the supposed Harmony Cart as assembled carts and which firmware he is including in his (supposed) builds.

12 hours ago, Andrew Davie said:

I have posted asking for the gerber/design files of the circuit board.

My understanding is that under the GPL, he must release these to anyone who requests them.

His PCB layout for the PlusCart is a modification of his UnoCart layout. And I think he has done this all himself or by reverse engineering an original UnoCart, because there is no GPL released PCB for the UnoCart.

12 hours ago, Andrew Davie said:

If he's not going to follow the GPL licensing conditions, then my vote would be to render all his PlusCarts inactive.

I am quit relaxed about this all.

If he is not contacting me and offers some cooperating or contributing in any way to the project, we just have to wait until he has sold a few hundreds of his PlusCarts. Then we deactivate all his customers PlusCart's in our PlusStore with the message that their distributor has violated the GPL and that they should contact him for a solution.

Then he has two possibilities:

1. Fulfill all our demands ?

or

2. Develop, setup and maintain his own PlusStore and let all his customers send him back the PlusCarts and flash his custom firmware with his own PlusStore backend.

• As far as i can see from his PCB layout, his PlusCart does not have a Micro USB connector, so it will be difficult for his customers to flash his PlusCart manually.
  • He said in his facebook post that all the new hombrews will be available, so he will have a lot of work maintaining his PlusStore.
  • The PlusStore source code is not yet open source, so he will have a lot of development to do to offer the features we have.
  • An while he is busy with all this he will have hundreds of pissed customers, that can not use their expensive new device.

Edited by Al_Nafuur

24 minutes ago, Al_Nafuur said:

I am quit relaxed about this all.

If he is not contacting me and offers some cooperating or contributing in any way to the project, we just have to wait until he has sold a few hundreds of his PlusCarts. Then we deactivate all his customers PlusCart's in our PlusStore with the message that their distributor has violated the GPL and that they should contact him for a solution.

:evil: :thumbsup: 

Are these carts already showing up?

Edited by Thomas Jentzsch