IGNORED

CANNOT STAND ALIENS. V PREDATOR

Jaguar 2000

2 hours ago, doctorclu said:

You'd think with all the cool weapons and tools they could have made some kind of armor and better boots possible.

Body Armour was supposedly dropped as it didn't balance well with gameplay. 

But given how quick the Alien molecular acid eats through hull plating in Alien and body armour in Aliens, not sure how useful it would of been if they had implemented it. 

• Like 1

On 11/1/2020 at 9:56 PM, Jaguar 2000 said:

I cannot understand why people like this game or who beat it without going bald? 
the maps are extremely large and overly complex- a maze inside a maze- the map is just bland with no different color to indicate areas already visited- no enemy or item or objective color coding- no number- no reference points .

i spent all friday night and most of saturday stuck on Sublevel 5b and Airduct 5c on alien campaign.
graphically, this game is the best but poor level design and missing map enhancement ruins all the fun. its just wandering around aimlessly looking for a clue. 

I will be giving it away with the 3 overlays- i didnt get the booklet for it-
Anyone wants it?  I'll trade u for a jaguar game u hate. 

there are no jaguar owners in my town- so its either mail it as a trade to someone or throw it out. 
will pay the postage fees. you just pay whatever your courier charges you. 

Message me if interested.  

No_No_He's_Got_A_Point_Banner.jpg

• Like 1

As it goes, I am a bit hit and miss with it. I've been playing the Marine campaign on and off for the last seven years, and never really gotten far with it. So I use the Jaguar game's guide as like a Marine Manual of sort and look stuff up. It's sort of cheating, yes, but the levels are so huge that it does just turn into wandering about aimlessly, which really turned me off. And it is easy to get lost when everything looks the same tbf, a little texture variety would have been nice. Still good though

2 hours ago, Jaguar 2000 said:

hi guys

yeah 

the marine campaign, with map help and all, is too much and too complex for me. i am not having a good time playing it and it ruins my jaguar xperience

AvP is now in the trash. 

Hey, Jag2000, are you serious you're trading it away? I didn't volunteer because it can't be true someone is that disappointed with this game to trade it for anything else. If serious, let's arrange something :D (although I do have 2 copies already of AVP, wouldn't mind having a 3rd!).

Regarding the game, I'll be 100% honest, I think the gameplay is absolutely boring in its intended original design. I'm with you on that one, I couldn't play it even if being paid.

But video games are not my profession, so I don't care to cheat my way in how I play it. 

This game works wonders for me if I have saved at a point where I have plenty of weapons and ammo, and just play it as a first person shooter. I load it up and go out shooting things, navigating around, no pressure or anything. Just making it a mindless FPS.

Definitely not how it was designed, but that's how I love this game and made it fun for myself.

Now, please don't trash it, let me put it in my own trash bin here :D haha ;D 

6 hours ago, marcio_napoli said:

Hey, Jag2000, are you serious you're trading it away? I didn't volunteer because it can't be true someone is that disappointed with this game to trade it for anything else. If serious, let's arrange something :D (although I do have 2 copies already of AVP, wouldn't mind having a 3rd!).

Regarding the game, I'll be 100% honest, I think the gameplay is absolutely boring in its intended original design. I'm with you on that one, I couldn't play it even if being paid.

But video games are not my profession, so I don't care to cheat my way in how I play it. 

This game works wonders for me if I have saved at a point where I have plenty of weapons and ammo, and just play it as a first person shooter. I load it up and go out shooting things, navigating around, no pressure or anything. Just making it a mindless FPS.

Definitely not how it was designed, but that's how I love this game and made it fun for myself.

Sorry man, already in the trash and long gone. the trashmen work quickly here. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Jaguar 2000 said:

Come on man - if you were going to do that, you should have done the smart thing and made a video of you smashing it then posted to youtube!  What were you thinking?

• Haha 1

Seems awfully silly to throw a game in the garbage just because your skills were lacking and you were expecting a "relaxing experience" out of an early survival horror game. Should've pawned it at least, but whatever floats your boat I guess. 

On 11/2/2020 at 3:09 AM, JagChris said:

I agree though at the time it was the first-of-its-kind sorta thing and fun to map out. But I find it sad that most Gamers these days aren't Gamers enough to slug through it. Because I did it on all three campaigns and it was fun.

The marine campaign was the best as you had the storyline via the computer consoles, and I spent a month straight playing the game, exploring and memorizing things. It was much more immersive to me than Doom was (I like Doom, just in a different way) thanks to that, and I liked the early "open world" concept of it as opposed to the Doom model of Find keys, Reach the end of level, Rinse, Repeat.  The only frustrating parts are the airducts, which could have used some additional textures to help mark certain parts(like blood splatter or claw marks in certain locations), but since people have longed mapped it out, it wasn't that big of a deal either.

• Like 3

Well throwing a game into the trash seems a bit like an overreaction or a way to make people react (which kinda worked).

I always thought that AvP was a great although feeling somewhat incomplete. People are referring to wandering around and getting lost in the mazelike levels, there is even a maze I think in Sublevel 3 ??? So I think it was great especially for the time I felt the graphics and the frightening atmosphere were unlike anything I had experienced. But at the same time the station felt so empty. You would wander through empty room after empty room and I always hoped that something would be found but actually there was very little to be found. 

I haven't played it in a long time but there are things especially in the Marine Mission that will forever stay with me. Walking through the halways with the beeping motion tracker in desperate search of ammunition, the Alien scream from an unseen alien that attacks you unexpectedly, the Predator whispering "anytime" while cloaked and discovering the Alien Queen in her ship... with all its weaknesses in the leveldesign it still stands as a great videogame experience for me.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Shaggy the Atarian said:

Seems awfully silly to throw a game in the garbage just because your skills were lacking and you were expecting a "relaxing experience" out of an early survival horror game. Should've pawned it at least, but whatever floats your boat I guess. 

The marine campaign was the best as you had the storyline via the computer consoles, and I spent a month straight playing the game, exploring and memorizing things. It was much more immersive to me than Doom was (I like Doom, just in a different way) thanks to that, and I liked the early "open world" concept of it as opposed to the Doom model of Find keys, Reach the end of level, Rinse, Repeat.  The only frustrating parts are the airducts, which could have used some additional textures to help mark certain parts(like blood splatter or claw marks in certain locations), but since people have longed mapped it out, it wasn't that big of a deal either.

Skills u say? I mastered Doom 1, 2, Duke Nukem 3d , Quake, Unreal tournament, painkiller, doom 5, Kiss psycho circus, Serious sam, Legacy of Kain and The Suffering all without Gamefaq maps. 
I was younger then so maybe i had more patience. AvP is ridiculous. If the enemies weren't constanty respawning every time you load your progress, i might have had a better chance of exploration. but having to kill all enemies again and being ambushed while getting lost in the air ducts is just outright madness and cheap shotting. I had all the maps printed out, laid out in a logical sequence on the table and i was determined to get down to business.
Realizing the vast amount of backtracking, exploring the mazes, airducts to reach new items in new levels, then going all the way back to open a door seems like more frustration than an engaging and fun experience. 

All they needed to do was highlight rooms and areas already visited- highlight areas not yet accessed and areas accessible only with Key cards or Air ducts. leave markers like special lights to turn on when u have already explored an area. to make matters worse, they couldnt even put the full zoomed out view of the map, but only little pieces which gradually increased and still not the entire map layout.

graphically its the best looking FPS game for that time- even looks better than Doom and Wolfenstein (wolfenstein looked like a bad joke).

Anyways, i got myself Zool 2 to replace AvP and its fantastic- you can take time to master the levels and then use an access code like cybermorph to continue where you left off instead of constantly replaying the game from stage 1. 

Edited by Jaguar 2000

2 hours ago, Austin said:

Cue Zool 2 rage wall of text because of Mount Ices in 3, 2, 1............... ?

;)

i haven't gotten there yet. As long as it has a password and the level design is easy to figure out where to go, i can manage. I am good at video games- just don't tolerate drunk-designed maps and layouts. i beat Superman 64 without cheat codes  despite frequent crashing and bugs.

Edited by Jaguar 2000

On 11/8/2020 at 11:38 AM, marcio_napoli said:

the gameplay is irrevocably boring. and every time u load your game, all the enemies return, leaving u no chance of peacefully exploring the level. 

23 hours ago, Jaguar 2000 said:

Oh no, it can't be... Wow! Jag2000, this is beyond my comprehension, even if you don't need the money (this is easy 100 bucks on ebay), man don't trash precious games like these. 

I have a copy of Jag's Double Dragon V that I completely regret buying (it's sitting in a box probably never to be played again), and even so, it's living happily there in the box. It won't go to the trash, for the simple fact that... why trash it? It doesn't even take space...!

Oh man...  wow...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, marcio_napoli said:

Oh no, it can't be... Wow! Jag2000, this is beyond my comprehension, even if you don't need the money (this is easy 100 bucks on ebay), man don't trash precious games like these. 

I have a copy of Jag's Double Dragon V that I completely regret buying (it's sitting in a box probably never to be played again), and even so, it's living happily there in the box. It won't go to the trash, for the simple fact that... why trash it? It doesn't even take space...!

Oh man...  wow...

believe it or not i can beat double dragon v on jaguar without setting the time to 30 seconds and difficulty is set to medium or hard. 

Edited by Jaguar 2000

Played this to death back in the 90s. Utterly loved and loved it. The sound and atmosphere were both incredible at the time. When you heard a predator whisper anytime there were genuine chills. 
Don’t remember it being overly long. Me and my bud finished it without too much trouble.