IGNORED

CB Wilson - TI-99 related documents

acadiel

17 hours ago, acadiel said:

A memo from Rex Naden, dated 4/4/79 about "Home Computer technology requirements"

Pretty neat seeing this roadmap!

1979_Home-Computer-Technology-Requirements.pdf 6.28 MB · 7 downloads

It is definitely neat--and it also includes one path to show where the rumors of a processor natively processing GPL came from. Including the microcode to do that by 1985 was part of this roadmap. . .for a 5x speed improvement to GPL and BASIC execution times. It is also interesting to see that they figured they had better have a better grapics processor with more memory/sprites per line in place by 1983. . .

• Like 1

This is a 1981 packet (with some information you've already seen, and some new stuff).  It's from the "Mechanization Department" at TI - and it's the Preliminary Design Review for the ALC (which became the CC-40.)

Again - lots of duplicate material, but I'm presenting it as it was stapled together in this packet.

1981-ALC-Consumer_Mechanization_Dept_Prelim_Design_Review.pdf

• Like 3

Last part of the "ALC Development" folder.  Onto the next one.

This is the June 1982 21-page whitepaper about the Lonestar Microtape Mass Storage Peripheral Power Analysis.  Using the Lonestar Intelligent Peripheral Bus.  (Otherwise, known as the CC-40 Wafertape mass storage drive using Hexbus.)

I really want to see Omega make a "Lonestar" CC-40 logo.  That would be really cool.

1982_June-Lonestar_Microtape_Mass_Storage_Power_Analysis.pdf

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Ksarul said:

It is definitely neat--and it also includes one path to show where the rumors of a processor natively processing GPL came from. Including the microcode to do that by 1985 was part of this roadmap. . .for a 5x speed improvement to GPL and BASIC execution times. It is also interesting to see that they figured they had better have a better grapics processor with more memory/sprites per line in place by 1983. . .

Well, another funny thing I found in that is that they wanted to replace the 9900 with the 9985 still - to replace "9900 plus 9 LS chips".  Did the 9900 support circuitry really need 9 support chips over the 9985?  Any hazards to why?

7 minutes ago, acadiel said:

Well, another funny thing I found in that is that they wanted to replace the 9900 with the 9985 still - to replace "9900 plus 9 LS chips".  Did the 9900 support circuitry really need 9 support chips over the 9985?  Any hazards to why?

Sounds like the databus multplexer, integrated in the 9995 (and supposedly also in the 9985).

7 minutes ago, acadiel said:

Presumably the chips used for the 8<>16 bit data bus multiplexer. Wouldn't be needed for the 8-bit external data bus 9985.

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, LanceLHall said:

Thank you for taking the time to do all of this.

You should also copy all this to a public shared folder on Google Drive which is free if you or anyone else has Gmail.  

Don't worry, they're all going on the ftp.whtech.com TI Archive when I'm done.

I've given a couple people access to my personal OneDrive share to mirror what I'm doing as well.

Thirdly, I've given access to the TI Corporate Library at SMU so they can also archive these documents.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2