IGNORED

Fujinet story— Weather program

Blues76

New version of my weather application has been released!

Improvements:
- application now uses http protocol instead of pure tcp, so binary is smaller and loads a bit faster

- the ip based location service was changed to another provider due to traffic limitations on previous one

Boot it from TNFS fujinet.pl /networking/weather.atr

or download: https://fujinet.pl/tnfs/networking/weather.atr

Edited by bocianu
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I can run this program from the online tnfs servers.  But when I try to launch it (weather.atr) from my AVG cart it freezes.  Is there something I can do to help debug this?  I am able to use the iss tracker and apod viewer via the AVG so I know it is not a FujiNet connectivity issue.

1 hour ago, bocianu said:

I'm sorry, I do not have AVG cart to debug this issue. 

It runs from fujinet's SD card.

No problem - it must be an ATR emulation issue.  It also runs fine from my local tnfs server, so I will just launch it that way.  Very cool program BTW.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/13/2021 at 11:36 AM, tmp said:

it reenables OS so it kills the soft atr emulation, try this version, it might work without sio cable (i can get it to load and fail due to missing fujinet so no idea what happens next)

weather_noos.atr 90.02 kB · 1 download

Thanks!  I finally got to test it, works perfectly.

• 2 months later...

Question for everyone.  The weather app runs perfectly if launch it from FujiNet. Has anyone tried to run it from SDX command line?  I tried, it amost loads all the way, then I get jumbled ANTIC screen with garbage one it. 

Just wondering if you can running from SDX command line.  Yes I tried X /c AUTORUN.SYS mounted on D1:

Vince

16 hours ago, The V-Man said:

Just wondering if you can running from SDX command line.  Yes I tried X /c AUTORUN.SYS mounted on D1:

Hi, 

I do not use SDX, I don't know how to be fully compatibile with that. Maybe I'm using "somehow reserved" memory area? I need to investigate.

Anyone can help with what I should / shouldn't do?

15 hours ago, bocianu said:

Hi, 

I do not use SDX, I don't know how to be fully compatibile with that. Maybe I'm using "somehow reserved" memory area? I need to investigate.

Anyone can help with what I should / shouldn't do?

I do not know the memory map of SDX, but I think i found a repro case that is consistent to assist in what could be happening.

I tested in 64 column mode.  That causes the most issues.  I believe there is not enough base memory remaining to run weather from here.

So in 40 column there should be enough base memory to execute?  36000 bytes or so.

when running in 40 column SDX -- X /c autorun.sys -- the weather program starts, fetches a lat/long and displays info in Gr mode 0.  It then switches to a blank black screen. And that is it.  However I can press the option/select key and it will switch back to gr. mode 0 and ask for setting options or type location.  When I press escape it then switches back to a blank black screen.

So it appears to be running, and not locking up.  You just can't see the graphics mode with the weather data.

Hope this helps a bit.

Vince

• Like 1