IGNORED

Intellivision HSC - Season 13 - Game 17 - Astrosmash / Sharp Shot (Shooters HELL)

Yeah it appears we need to re-tool the Sharp Shot records... The post that is pinned with all the records is apparently WAY out of date.... ?

Football Toss is same at 105, but the other 3 are much higher... 

Maze Shoot is 48

Space Gunner is 83

Submarine is 44

@JacobZu7zu7 This is why I asked whether a bonus point should be awarded for even tying any of these records because they are ALL extreme to get to.... ?

post-35236-0-81893600-1518231183_thumb.jpg

NOTE: These are not my scores. They are Ignorama's scores from Season 9 Game 6. 

Edited by Rickster8
Formatting
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Got my groove back. ? I think it came down to rembering the game is all about hyperspace once it gets really fast, which for me is still above 750k.  So I went full hyperspace and autofire, which was better but still having issues.  I then shifted my grip so I have my thumb on hyperspace but my ring finger cradling the opposite side fire button and that did the trick. 

Only barely gaining lives above 1 mil and my hands are trembling while writing this, but I did get +9 lives from 1mil to 1.1mil.

Not sure how long I'll stick with it, but I'll try to get 2 mil at least for Matt. 

1,104,390 - Disc speed

20201103_163423.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BiffMan said:

Got my groove back. ? I think it came down to rembering the game is all about hyperspace once it gets really fast, which for me is still above 750k.  So I went full hyperspace and autofire, which was better but still having issues.  I then shifted my grip so I have my thumb on hyperspace but my ring finger cradling the opposite side fire button and that did the trick. 

Only barely gaining lives above 1 mil and my hands are trembling while writing this, but I did get +9 lives from 1mil to 1.1mil.

Not sure how long I'll stick with it, but I'll try to get 2 mil at least for Matt. 

1,104,390 - Disc speed

There it is...knew you would get that mil !  Now on to 2 mil !!

Nice work Biff, you are the master.

Edited by IntyFanMatt
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BiffMan said:

1,104,390 - Disc speed

20201103_163423.jpg

Lol, record SMASHED just like we knew it would be.... ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/2/2020 at 11:56 PM, BiffMan said:

For Sharp Shot, can I get a ruling on whether we need to see a "zero" on the other player's score, or if I'm allowed to pound on the 2nd player fire button to help with the respawn rate?  I seem to be getting higher scores when doing the latter.

Edit - Looks like in prior seasons, folks were just doing single player (zero for the other score) and high scores are perfectly possible.

Maze high score appears to be 48 by Ignorama in season 9, by the way

In fact it seems that I hold three of the four records :) Maze 48, Battleship 44 and Space 83. And as far as I remember the game was a RNG festival. So my advice: If a run starts bad, just reset. Not worth the time. But I think (!) maze was a bit different. Unfortunately I dont have time at the moment, but I think I remember that you could "manipulare" the RNG by shooting very early. This spawned more bugs... or whatever you are killing in this game.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ignorama said:

In fact it seems that I hold three of the four records :) Maze 48, Battleship 44 and Space 83. And as far as I remember the game was a RNG festival. So my advice: If a run starts bad, just reset. Not worth the time. But I think (!) maze was a bit different. Unfortunately I dont have time at the moment, but I think I remember that you could "manipulare" the RNG by shooting very early. This spawned more bugs... or whatever you are killing in this game.

Awesome scores and thanks for the advice! That's what I've seen as well. Can't think of another game where you can legitimately give up after 10 seconds of play. Lol. 

9 minutes ago, Rickster8 said:

Soooooo you can have auto-fire on and still shoot with the side buttons and it becomes an ultimate form of shooting??? ?‍♂️??‍♂️

You don't always get the extra shot in (likely sprite limits at work), but it can make all the difference later when you *must* hit that smart bomb ASAP. 

23 minutes ago, IntyFanMatt said:

Just...unreal! Proud of you for hitting the goal I laid out for you! LOL. And it looks like you aren’t even done yet. 801 lives?  LOL. Yikes!!!

I had to quit that one, so that's all. I wanted to roll it again just for old time sake (it doesn't get faster past 1 mil), but real life/family restrictions don't allow me to leave the PC on for 2-3 days. 

• Like 2