IGNORED

Intellivision HSC - Season 13 - Game 17 - Astrosmash / Sharp Shot (Shooters HELL)

28 minutes ago, BiffMan said:

I had to quit that one, so that's all. I wanted to roll it again just for old time sake (it doesn't get faster past 1 mil), but real life/family restrictions don't allow me to leave the PC on for 2-3 days. 

Oh wow. Well that is pretty amazing. I wouldn’t be able to put that much time in it either. Very impressive dude!

• Thanks 1

On 11/2/2020 at 12:33 AM, JacobZu7zu7 said:

Hi @JacobZu7zu7 I did not get those scores. Those were from Ignorama I believe. I was just posting them to show HE got them and that the records needed to be updated. Sorry for the confusion..... Also are we getting +2 for tieing records, or +1 for the tie and +2 for the highest new score??? I think the latter makes more sense. 

Edited by JacobZu7zu7
Added a little more text.

5 minutes ago, Rickster8 said:

Hi @JacobZu7zu7 I did not get those scores. Those were from Ignorama I believe. I was just posting them to show HE got them and that the records needed to be updated. Sorry for the confusion..... Also are we getting +2 for tieing records, or +1 for the tie and +2 for the highest new score??? I think the latter makes more sense. 

I have some updates to go on the records and the scores for them.

Its a +2 bonus points for a tie, and a 3rd point to break the high Sharp Shot records here :)

Edited by JacobZu7zu7
  • Thanks 1

First Astro entry:

The difficulty spike at 500k is insane!! It’s just raining spinners at that point. Biff, I have no idea how you got to 1 million and then eventually 2 million points! That is unbelievable! You must have magic reflexes. ?

This is a great, classic game though. Simple concept done well. 

3BE75810-5AC5-43F8-ADB9-7AB6FAFA392D.jpeg

Edited by IntyFanMatt
  • Like 6

37 minutes ago, IntyFanMatt said:

The difficulty spike at 500k is insane!! It’s just raining spinners at that point.

Yeah, it gets pretty bad there, although it's the smart bombs that seem to give me the most fits. Spinners are good points... nom, nom, nom. ?

For me, the thing that really helped was adjusting my grip on the controller to where I could both fire and hit hyperspace. No longer have the time to move to it, and if you just hover on hyperspace, you're missing out on those critical extra shots. 

• Like 1

Just now, BiffMan said:

Yeah, it gets pretty bad there, although it's the smart bombs that seem to give me the most fits. Spinners are good points... nom, nom, nom. ?

For me, the thing that really helped was adjusting my grip on the controller to where I could both fire and hit hyperspace. No longer have the time to move to it, and if you just hover on hyperspace, you're missing out on those critical extra shots. 

Agreed, the smart bombs are horrible at that point too.

I tried to move my hands around but couldn’t find an alternative I liked, so I just stuck with my standard grip. Made it harder to press hyperspace, but ehhh, it is what it is. Enjoyed it. 

1 minute ago, IntyFanMatt said:

Agreed, the smart bombs are horrible at that point too.

I tried to move my hands around but couldn’t find an alternative I liked, so I just stuck with my standard grip. Made it harder to press hyperspace, but ehhh, it is what it is. Enjoyed it. 

Awesome score regardless, so congrats!! 

• Thanks 1

My Astro Update: Some improvement, but still not overjoyed with this score.... So it seems every 50k the game gets quicker. I think it would have been cool if they also boosted the 'X' each 50k, but it just stays at '6X', kinda dumb to me.... ?

ASTRO(341475)S13.jpg.94527db3352110d857480dd733e05e51.jpg

Edited by Rickster8
Formatting
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, IntyFanMatt said:

Yeah I’m right there with ya...that 105 is almost inconceivable!

I missed by a pixel of getting it.  Not sure I can be bothered to play as many games as it would take to get the 105 though.  It's a remarkably frustrating 60 seconds.  :) 

• Like 1