IGNORED

Thoughts on 1/6 or smaller)scale machines?

jerseystyle

Hello All,

I’ve been thinking of getting back into collecting but my space and family needs puts most things on the “Not now” pile. Any thoughts or advice on these micro arcade machines? I think the arcade 1ups are too big but that mini dragons lair looks awesome. I would love a shelf top “arcade room” but am not sure on build quality for many of these. Tips welcome!

Edited by jerseystyle

8 hours ago, Keatah said:

Well they're cute and stuff. I took the route of a 10900K NUC + XArcade controller. This doesn't take up any more space than a vintage console and CRT.

It’s more like wish fulfillment on my end. I always wanted a bunch of arcade machines and space or money was an issue. How with little ones in the home space will be an issue for a while. So it’s not an emulation station so much as the form and content I’m interested in. Thank you for the suggestion though.

• Like 1

I'm a fan of the Replicade line.  I've had the Centipede and Tempest machines for a while, and they're quite fun (although they naturally don't control quite as well as the real thing thanks to the tiny (but sturdy!) controls.  Looking forward to receiving the Asteroids and Dragon's Lair machines sometime in the near future.  These really are a nice compromise for those wanting an arcade of their own, but lacking the cash and space for one.

• Like 1