IGNORED

Jaguar HSC_SEASON 14_ROUND 8

Rick Dangerous

1 minute ago, LianneJaguar64 said:

Yeah fair enough, I know it's a thing in other racing games is all, my part number is J9044E, so I'm guessing I'm running the PAL version (I'm on a PAL machine too). Having said that, I've just done a 34 second time, so maybe it's not a problem at all

IMG_20201107_193748.jpg

I’ll be playing on PAL too (when the game finally arrives) and I’m pretty sure @masematte is European as well. So even if there is any difference it’s clearly not stopping anyone from taking the first place :) 

I didn’t notice any big differences BTW but it’s very hard to see with the low framerate and non consistent driving between different videos. 

8 minutes ago, WilcoL said:

I’ll be playing on PAL too (when the game finally arrives) and I’m pretty sure @masematte is European as well. So even if there is any difference it’s clearly not stopping anyone from taking the first place :) 

I didn’t notice any big differences BTW but it’s very hard to see with the low framerate and non consistent driving between different videos. 

Ahh, perhaps it isn't an issue. Dw then. Also, game on! 

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, LianneJaguar64 said:

Yeah fair enough, I know it's a thing in other racing games is all, my part number is J9044E, so I'm guessing I'm running the PAL version (I'm on a PAL machine too). Having said that, I've just done a 34 second time, so maybe it's not a problem at all

IMG_20201107_193748.jpg

wow great lap time: 

i remember our battle with checkered flag 

Edited by masematte
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, WilcoL said:

yeah im european , but i  play on a NTSC machine...

But for me there is no problem with pal version... so from my side ist okay . 

Just now, masematte said:

yeah im european , but i  play on a NTSC machine...

But for me there is no problem with pal version... so from my side ist okay . 

Ooh alright, so if I lose this round to you I know what I can blame for it ;) 

• Haha 1

On 11/5/2020 at 9:51 PM, Rick Dangerous said:

39'21"

Wow this course was driving me insane this afternoon, must have raced it 30 times or so.  A few things i learned:

-Wait until the gates drop for a faster start, if you hit the gas ahead of time you'll get stuck for a few extra seconds

-You can press down to clear second mounds in some areas, and you will go faster over the long bumps if you are pressing down?

Anyone experiment with tuning?  I tried soft all around (tires/suspension--since it's a soft course) with intermediate gearing. 

PXL_20201105_214603199.jpg

Yeah I was really shocked this wasn't mentioned in the manual at all, at least as far as I could see, but yeah leaning if quite important imo, you get better runs over the larger jumps

By truly terrible do you mean "best game ever"!?

Is there a way to tell what the actual framerate is?  I feel like it's in the 6-12 range. 

I think if they hadn't done the stupid screen showing the game in the background they could have got another 3-6 FPS out of it....

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Rick Dangerous said:

Is there a way to tell what the actual framerate is?  I feel like it's in the 6-12 range. 

I think if they hadn't done the stupid screen showing the game in the background they could have got another 3-6 FPS out of it....

I don’t think something like that is possible without a really fancy video capture device, I would love to see it as well but I don’t own one. 

I do really respect the game for what it’s trying to do, there are a lot of polygons rendered on screen and the controls are very good. The developers where probably just biting of more than they could chew. 

Edited by WilcoL

28 minutes ago, LianneJaguar64 said:

As you might be able to tell, I quite enjoy this game. Despite it's flaws, I don't actually think it's that bad. I have to try and get a 33 second time now! 

I find the game to be pretty playable in practice mode, its just when you’re playing tournament mode and have 6 other racers on screen and the framerate drops to about 2 I start to throw up. 

1 minute ago, WilcoL said:

I find the game to be pretty playable in practice mode, its just when you’re playing tournament mode and have 6 other racers on screen and the framerate drops to about 2 I start to throw up. 

yes you are right... i,like the game on practice mode, to beat the owen time, but i hate it on the race mode 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Machine said:

Does it matter what bike you pick or rider?

I personally haven’t noticed a difference in the rider or bike it self, the different parts you pick are what determines your acceleration, height of your jumps, etc