IGNORED

Jaguar HSC_SEASON 14_ROUND 8

Rick Dangerous

Just now, LianneJaguar64 said:

Tough break, but it'll come to you... Are you leaning back and forwards over the different jumps? 

I can’t consistently pull a big jump off at the really small bumps, other than that I think I’m getting every one. I’m just not really sure if it’s faster to take wide turns and keep the gas pressed vs letting go off the gas and taking narrower turns. 

8 hours ago, WilcoL said:

I can’t consistently pull a big jump off at the really small bumps, other than that I think I’m getting every one. I’m just not really sure if it’s faster to take wide turns and keep the gas pressed vs letting go off the gas and taking narrower turns. 

Your foot should be on the floor the whole way round, don't let up for a second

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, WilcoL said:

I’m trying a new strategy where I’m trying to do a big jump on every hill on the map, haven’t been able to get a run with all of them but when I do I think I could probably get a second off my time. 

I struggle to get a good run off of Turn 11, where you come over those two big jumps and do two more, and I usually get frustrated if I don't get a good run over the bumps as the time lost there can make or break a lap. As it goes my 33.6 still wasn't the fastest possible lap time, I could probably lose at least three or four tenths with a perfect run

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, LianneJaguar64 said:

I struggle to get a good run off of Turn 11, where you come over those two big jumps and do two more, and I usually get frustrated if I don't get a good run over the bumps as the time lost there can make or break a lap. As it goes my 33.6 still wasn't the fastest possible lap time, I could probably lose at least three or four tenths with a perfect run

Yeah I think that the prefect time is probably around 33 seconds flat, I’ll probably also be able to decrease my time with some better driving. 

What kind of controller are you using by the way? I actually play this game better with a regular one compared to the pro. 

28 minutes ago, WilcoL said:

Yeah I think that the prefect time is probably around 33 seconds flat, I’ll probably also be able to decrease my time with some better driving. 

What kind of controller are you using by the way? I actually play this game better with a regular one compared to the pro. 

I still need to get a pro controller, so I too use the regular controller

Agonisingly close, but I lead by 0.04 still! With competition this stiff, I can't afford to rest on my laurels! I'll fire her up again later and see what I can do XD

EDIT: I think a sub-33 second time will be difficult to beat, and will probably be a bit of a flukey lap, I don't think we'll be able to do that consistently. Also I didn't realise Masematte had gone faster! Now it's ON!

Edited by LianneJaguar64

Never mind a sub 33 second time, how about a sub 28 second time?! I should definitely add that a) this was unintentional and b) involved accidentally glitching through crashing over checkpoints whilst trying to push the limits, so I guess it probably shouldn't count, lest the whole competition collapse into simply trying to exploit your way around a lap... But it shows how hard I'm pushing! XD

IMG_20201111_182533.jpg

Edited by LianneJaguar64
Syntax - it probably SHOULDN'T COUNT
  • Like 2

JESUS CHRIST, I saw that picture before I read what you said and almost had a heart attack. 

I guess it could count if it’s replicable, did your game just freak out or was it something on purpose? I’ve also had the game crash on me a couple of times but every time it just reverted back to the jag cd bootscreen. 

Edited by WilcoL
Didn’t read the post above properly

26 minutes ago, WilcoL said:

JESUS CHRIST, I saw that picture before I read what you said and almost had a heart attack. 

I guess it could count if it’s replicable, did your game just freak out or was it something on purpose? I’ve also had the game crash on me a couple of times but every time it just reverted back to the jag cd bootscreen. 

No I've been able to do it several times, on this lap I did the same thing several times, but on a couple of other laps I've done it just once and gotten a 31.00 and a 30.4 or something like that. Essentially it's a problem with the checkpoint system. My general strategy is, on big jumps preceding a 90° turn, to jump at an angle and cut as much of the corner out as possible, landing on the track on the other side. But seeing as how the track wraps back round on itself, in at least two places on the circuit, one could crash 'strategically' in order to trick the checkpoint system into placing you further ahead on the track, hence my significantly lower time. So it's not a 'glitch' per sey, like it's not a bizarre hardware fault, but it is taking advantage of the system. Whilst I don't enter in them myself, I do know of certain games (Mario Kart 64 springs to mind) with a very flawed checkpoint system where players regularly do tricks like this intentionally. I haven't been trying to do that personally, just cut as much of the corner off as I could, but that has lead to this exploit three or four times. If one was intending to do this intentionally, I suppose you could probably hit it with reasonable consistency given the relative precision required, but by no means 100% of the time. Unless you had WAYYYY too much time on your hands, anyway haha

EDIT: But to answer the question, yes, it is replicable. Not necessarily in the spirit of the competition though, so I guess that'll be at the mercy of Mr. Rick Dangerous

EDIT EDIT: I am still trying to beat that time legit @masematte :P

Edited by LianneJaguar64
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, LianneJaguar64 said:

Never mind a sub 33 second time, how about a sub 28 second time?! I should definitely add that a) this was unintentional and b) involved accidentally glitching through crashing over checkpoints whilst trying to push the limits, so I guess it probably shouldn't count, lest the whole competition collapse into simply trying to exploit your way around a lap... But it shows how hard I'm pushing! XD

IMG_20201111_182533.jpg

Wow ? that is the Best time , i ever Seen . The same when we Play CF ;) 

dont know if it count ?

@Rick Dangerous What are you saying . 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, LianneJaguar64 said:

No I've been able to do it several times, on this lap I did the same thing several times, but on a couple of other laps I've done it just once and gotten a 31.00 and a 30.4 or something like that. Essentially it's a problem with the checkpoint system. My general strategy is, on big jumps preceding a 90° turn, to jump at an angle and cut as much of the corner out as possible, landing on the track on the other side. But seeing as how the track wraps back round on itself, in at least two places on the circuit, one could crash 'strategically' in order to trick the checkpoint system into placing you further ahead on the track, hence my significantly lower time. So it's not a 'glitch' per sey, like it's not a bizarre hardware fault, but it is taking advantage of the system. Whilst I don't enter in them myself, I do know of certain games (Mario Kart 64 springs to mind) with a very flawed checkpoint system where players regularly do tricks like this intentionally. I haven't been trying to do that personally, just cut as much of the corner off as I could, but that has lead to this exploit three or four times. If one was intending to do this intentionally, I suppose you could probably hit it with reasonable consistency given the relative precision required, but by no means 100% of the time. Unless you had WAYYYY too much time on your hands, anyway haha

Ooh alright, I get it now. I don’t know if that really counts as a glitch since it’s just kind of a flaw with how the game works. 

But if where going by the same rules that professional Mario kart players abide by, then I’m pretty sure it shouldn’t count in a glitchless run. 

• Like 2