Jump to content
Rick Dangerous

Jaguar HSC_SEASON 14_ROUND 8

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, LianneJaguar64 said:

Yeah fair enough, I know it's a thing in other racing games is all, my part number is J9044E, so I'm guessing I'm running the PAL version (I'm on a PAL machine too). Having said that, I've just done a 34 second time, so maybe it's not a problem at all

IMG_20201107_193748.jpg

I’ll be playing on PAL too (when the game finally arrives) and I’m pretty sure @masematte is European as well. So even if there is any difference it’s clearly not stopping anyone from taking the first place :) 

 

I didn’t notice any big differences BTW but it’s very hard to see with the low framerate and non consistent driving between different videos. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, WilcoL said:

I’ll be playing on PAL too (when the game finally arrives) and I’m pretty sure @masematte is European as well. So even if there is any difference it’s clearly not stopping anyone from taking the first place :) 

 

I didn’t notice any big differences BTW but it’s very hard to see with the low framerate and non consistent driving between different videos. 

Ahh, perhaps it isn't an issue. Dw then. Also, game on! 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, LianneJaguar64 said:

Yeah fair enough, I know it's a thing in other racing games is all, my part number is J9044E, so I'm guessing I'm running the PAL version (I'm on a PAL machine too). Having said that, I've just done a 34 second time, so maybe it's not a problem at all

IMG_20201107_193748.jpg

wow great lap time: 

 

i remember our battle with checkered flag 

Edited by masematte
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, WilcoL said:

I’ll be playing on PAL too (when the game finally arrives) and I’m pretty sure @masematte is European as well. So even if there is any difference it’s clearly not stopping anyone from taking the first place :) 

 

I didn’t notice any big differences BTW but it’s very hard to see with the low framerate and non consistent driving between different videos. 

yeah im european , but i  play on a NTSC machine...

 

But for me there is no problem with pal version... so from my side ist okay . 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, masematte said:

yeah im european , but i  play on a NTSC machine...

 

But for me there is no problem with pal version... so from my side ist okay . 

 

Ooh alright, so if I lose this round to you I know what I can blame for it ;) 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, WilcoL said:

Ooh alright, so if I lose this round to you I know what I can blame for it ;) 

good point 😂👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/5/2020 at 9:51 PM, Rick Dangerous said:

39'21"

 

Wow this course was driving me insane this afternoon, must have raced it 30 times or so.  A few things i learned:

 

-Wait until the gates drop for a faster start, if you hit the gas ahead of time you'll get stuck for a few extra seconds

-You can press down to clear second mounds in some areas, and you will go faster over the long bumps if you are pressing down?

 

Anyone experiment with tuning?  I tried soft all around (tires/suspension--since it's a soft course) with intermediate gearing. 

PXL_20201105_214603199.jpg

Yeah I was really shocked this wasn't mentioned in the manual at all, at least as far as I could see, but yeah leaning if quite important imo, you get better runs over the larger jumps

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/5/2020 at 12:33 PM, Rick Dangerous said:

Wait you can use a Skunk with a Mac?  I need to try this!  Is there a program with a GUI somewhere that will work on Mac OS?  TY

I know, right?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Slight improvement over my previous time, 34.68s now the time to beat. Or at least, it was, but I've brought it down even more so this morning. Time to beat: 34.04s. So close, but I have doors to hang so I'll let everyone else post some times

IMG_20201108_092255.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My problem isn't with anyone playing PAL or NTSC, it's the times are so low and the game is Supercross 3D!  😝

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

40.04

 

Finally got the game!

 

Mayor shoutouts to Telegames for the great service and sending me a sealed copy for a very decent price. 
 

But this game is truly terrible. 

6E607149-9591-424D-BD1F-0925DE576252.jpeg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

By truly terrible do you mean "best game ever"!?

 

Is there a way to tell what the actual framerate is?  I feel like it's in the 6-12 range. 

 

I think if they hadn't done the stupid screen showing the game in the background they could have got another 3-6 FPS out of it....

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Rick Dangerous said:

Is there a way to tell what the actual framerate is?  I feel like it's in the 6-12 range. 

 

I think if they hadn't done the stupid screen showing the game in the background they could have got another 3-6 FPS out of it....

I don’t think something like that is possible without a really fancy video capture device, I would love to see it as well but I don’t own one. 

 

I do really respect the game for what it’s trying to do, there are a lot of polygons rendered on screen and the controls are very good. The developers where probably just biting of more than they could chew. 

Edited by WilcoL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

34,94

 

I didn’t think I’d ever spend an afternoon playing supercross 3D, racing the same map over and over again without any opponents but here I am. 

C72021DF-1FEE-47CF-97E9-47406F775602.jpeg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, WilcoL said:

34,94

 

I didn’t think I’d ever spend an afternoon playing supercross 3D, racing the same map over and over again without any opponents but here I am. 

C72021DF-1FEE-47CF-97E9-47406F775602.jpeg

 

That's how it gets you... Masematte and I did this for days playing Checkered Flag too, so we're clearly mental

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, LianneJaguar64 said:

As you might be able to tell, I quite enjoy this game. Despite it's flaws, I don't actually think it's that bad. I have to try and get a 33 second time now! 

I find the game to be pretty playable in practice mode, its just when you’re playing tournament mode and have 6 other racers on screen and the framerate drops to about 2 I start to throw up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, WilcoL said:

I find the game to be pretty playable in practice mode, its just when you’re playing tournament mode and have 6 other racers on screen and the framerate drops to about 2 I start to throw up. 

yes you are right... i,like the game on practice mode, to beat the owen time, but i hate it on the race mode 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Machine said:

Does it matter what bike you pick or rider?

 

I personally haven’t noticed a difference in the rider or bike it self, the different parts you pick are what determines your acceleration, height of your jumps, etc 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Machine said:

Does it matter what bike you pick or rider?

 

Nah it doesn't make a difference, the only difference is in the tune up menu, I've tried messing with my set up today but it remains elusive, close was a 34.54 😠

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Machine said:

shit....did even realize I could tune the bike. Once my eyes stop bleeding, I'll give it another go.

 

Yeah, just before you do the lap, when you're on the practice/map menu with the bike on it, press right twice until you get start getting options to change your setup :)

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...