IGNORED

Halshader.com is BOGUS as H.E. Double Toothpicks

gilsaluki

NOTICE:  Do not try to purchase anything from Halshader.com.  I ordered some items for my LYNX.  I knew I was in trouble when I never got an invoice after I paid via PayPal.  Don't get me started on their process either.  Anyway, I filed a claim via PayPal.  Within a day or so I got a UPS tracking number.  The delivery location was to my hometown.  However, the weight of the shipment was totally wrong, 32lbs versus about 1lb for my items.  I followed the shipment.  It was for some other address, not mine.  Since PayPal received a tracking number from the shipper (bogus as it was), they denied my claim.  End of story.   Buyer beware, ONLY order from well-known, reputable sources.  Lesson learned by me.  Crap!

I think the clue is their web site is "Not Secure", there was a program about this sort of scam last week on TV.

It ranges from items being delivered that are nothing like the items ordered (something cheap), or as your case

just so PayPal get a tracking number and an item delivered so no hope of getting money back.

I hate seeing this crap, perfectly good people being ripped off by liars..

Sadly the 'not secure' applies to many site who are good people..Yes it needs to be addressed but its just a more and more sophisticated way to rip people off day by by day...

Edited by Mclaneinc

I just want everyone in this community to know of this Predator (HALSHADER.COM).  His contact info is from China.  I am just glad the money was not a lot.  I will get over it, just want this site exposed for what it is.  I will stick to buying from Best, B&C, and Video61 and the like.  Telegames UK sent my order to the middle of America in less than a week.  Thanks Guys.

Sorry to hear you've had this problem gilsaluki.

I saw something about this on consumer programme Rip off Britain programme.

You don't say that the order was not received, but something along the lines of the item is substantially different to that ordered .

Paypal just see that a tracking number has been issued as you say, and they wash their hands of the matter.

Contact PayPal and tell them the goods were not delivered, walk through the process, it will get resolved eventually, it make take some time.

If you paid by credit card you can also issue a chargeback for undelivered goods with your credit card company, they will take back the money you paid, the company you paid it to then has to sue you for it, not likely if they ripped you off.

43 minutes ago, Mr Robot said:

Contact PayPal and tell them the goods were not delivered, walk through the process, it will get resolved eventually, it make take some time.

If you paid by credit card you can also issue a chargeback for undelivered goods with your credit card company, they will take back the money you paid, the company you paid it to then has to sue you for it, not likely if they ripped you off.

Unless... Some of the credit card companies have a backhand "deal" with Paypal where you can't chargeback against them. I think I did successfully do this with either a Citibank or AMEX card back in the day, but I've had friends say they couldn't do it.  If you used bank funds, of course you can only do that for a very short time and Paypal will suspend your account immediately and basically permanently.

Edited by R.Cade

Everyone takes their cut. The Credit Card company, Paypal, eBay. But when something goes wrong, they accept no responsibility. The same thing happens when you sell something and someone pays you with credit card. They can just take it back and you get nothing.

I always ask, what is it I am paying for?

On 11/3/2020 at 4:26 PM, Mclaneinc said:

I hate seeing this crap, perfectly good people being ripped off by liars..

Sadly the 'not secure' applies to many site who are good people..Yes it needs to be addressed but its just a more and more sophisticated way to rip people off day by by day...

I seriously send emails to people if they want me to shop with them they need a secure cert.  It isn't just that the site is going to be secure for any sending of information, it's that if they put even the minimal of effort into setting up an SSL cert at all, leads at least some sort of credibility. 

There have been a few times I've been screwed over, mainly on some carts I never got and the guy went silent, and I once bought an Amiga 4000 with a monitor, and the monitor was dead (he did kind of just throw it in at least) and the battery leakage was so bad on the A4000 I sent it back, only got most of my money on that one... I guess there is the Jolla Tablet too, but we all got screwed on that who wanted one!

That's garbage if paypal won't refund that.

Hi,

I had to contact PayPal when something I bought on eBay didn't turn up/got cancelled - I'd let the eBay 30 day claim period expire as I was caught up in a family issue, PayPal did process the claim, but I used their online message centre to handle it as waiting times for customer assistance were several hours (!). That was for surgical masks from Hong Kong, though I think the sale got cancelled due to either import/export controls, or eBay deciding it wouldn't allow them to be sold.

I also got caught out by a rogue seller on Amazon marketplace pretending to sell hard disks, though fortunately it was an easy thing to prove as the sellers online shop was flooded with "where's my hard disk?" type messages.

I've also ordered some parts from AliExpress in China, and had to put in a claim for a broken during shipping touch screen for an SDrive-Max, but this got handled by the AliExpress dispute system, so although waiting 40+ days for a broken item was a bit annoying, it worked out OK.

I haven't been scammed buying original 8-bit kit, though I did get about 100 Atari "backup" disks as part of a deal that appeared to have mold, or some sort of dust on them that rendered them unusable (so far).

I have sold a few things on eBay and have always tried to be upfront about any issues with an item, I think most people are quite reasonable at heart.

Having said all that, I think prices for 8-bit kit on eBay are a bit over-inflated at the moment, particularly in the last 30 seconds of an auction!