IGNORED

Atarimax SIO2PC and SIO2PC-USB cases

Mr Robot

On 1/7/2021 at 6:59 AM, Mr Robot said:

Yes. I have just recieved an AtariMAX SIO2PC Serial Dual board and I'm creating a case for that. I have worked with Randy Kindig to get the white SIO to fit correctly but the dimensions are so different I've ended up with two versions of the cases, original or white. My printer killed itself over the christmas break and is currently waiting for parts so I can rebuild it to test print the last of the cases.

As of yesterday I'm just trying to get the measurements from @Gavin1968 for @Sikors new black remanufactured shells so I can make sure they will fit if they ever show up on an SIO2PC board and we're good to go.

I want to thank Steve for sending me cases until we got it perfect for my SIO2PC-USB!  I love the last one he sent me.  Now that is customer service!!

1 hour ago, rkindig said:

I want to thank Steve for sending me cases until we got it perfect for my SIO2PC-USB!  I love the last one he sent me.  Now that is customer service!!

You'd have had to pay me for it to be customer service ;) This is community service, and it was my pleasure!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

If you put your Basic file in an APE PC Mirror (just a folder on the PC Windows), then yes, you can move it to your Atari.  Let's say for example that you have a folder on your Windows C drive called SCOTTS PC MIRROR, and you make that D6: on your APE GUI.  Then you can Copy D6:MYPROG.BAS, D1:MYPROG.BAS using your favorite dos. In my case, MyDos, using the C command from the dos menu.

Don't know how familiar you are with Atari, but you'll need an appropriate USB cable (A to B) and an Atari SIO cable.  The interface in the picture would do fine.

PC--------APE Interface--------Atari

A---------B            SIO---------SIO

There are other potentially cheaper ways to do this, but APE USB + APE registered software is a solid investment.

If you get one and have any difficulty setting things up, Mr-Atari is very helpful on the Atarimax forum.

• Like 1