IGNORED

1088XEL Accessories (CF Cards, etc...)

Blues76

Hi,

now that I will be getting an XEL at some point, I'm thinking of some accessories.

For the CF Cards, I was recommended to go below 30mb/s -- I found 15 mb/s --- I don't know if it matters that much. I found 2gb and 4gb. Linked below.

https://www.amazon.com/Sandisk-Ultra-15mb-Compactflash-Card/dp/B00EKKM6MG/ref=sr_1_6?dchild=1&keywords=CF+cards+sandisk&qid=1604529328&sr=8-6

https://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Ultra-Compact-Memory-SDCFH-004G-A11/dp/B0012W7GZ2/ref=pd_bxgy_3/146-5748790-5274167?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B0012W7GZ2&pd_rd_r=3385285a-31c5-4d58-805b-f90fdb7ff618&pd_rd_w=Vn567&pd_rd_wg=ok958&pf_rd_p=ce6c479b-ef53-49a6-845b-bbbf35c28dd3&pf_rd_r=ACMABFYFK63BDGDQTPN1&psc=1&refRID=ACMABFYFK63BDGDQTPN1

Are these the right CF cards? can you provide some recommendations?

Is there any other accessories? I know have to get a keyboard and mouse.

I already have a Fujinet and other stuff as I have Atari stuff.

I'm thinking to get a set of speakers.

Thanks.

I have a handful of small capacity SanDisk cards for anyone looking for something definitely SIDE2 compatible... a couple per person for price of postage -- or less, just PM :)

3x1GB cards from cisco routers (Side2 reports them as Toshiba)

2x512MB Sandisk

1x 192MB Sandisk

2x128MB Sandisk

1x48MB Sandisk

I have a 2 other "Apacer 1GB Industrial CF III" - which work fine in the SIDE2, but my USB CF reader chokes on them for some reason... but a different PCIX reader in my laptop sees them just fine... My daily driver 512MB lexar CF does this too...

1 hour ago, mytek said:

This one works in the XEL and XLD even though it's 50 MB/sec, but it won't work reliably in the SIDE2. However it doesn't like being hot-plugged, but that is a small sacrifice considering the cost savings.

sandisk_16GB_CF_.jpg.431d1b0b0bcdd66577468448ac8d34ae.jpg

$18.99 at Amazon

Thanks — It sounds like a good option. I don’t have the side 2, and I expect to use them in xle. 

Im getting in the XEL CF3 dual.

1088XEL-CF3-R DUAL FOR RAPIDUS INSTALLS

I wonder if the best way to remove them is to turn of the device or is there a way to unmount the device ? I will figure it out when I get it. 

2 hours ago, Blues76 said:

Thanks — It sounds like a good option. I don’t have the side 2, and I expect to use them in xle. 

Im getting in the XEL CF3 dual.

1088XEL-CF3-R DUAL FOR RAPIDUS INSTALLS

I wonder if the best way to remove them is to turn of the device or is there a way to unmount the device ? I will figure it out when I get it. 

You won't damage anything by hot plugging, it's just not guaranteed that it'll respond to a refresh when you do. Also since the CF3 board lacks address buffering, you could possibly glitch the system when plugging in this particular CF card when already powered ON. None of this is catastrophic.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, mytek said:

You won't damage anything by hot plugging, it's just not guaranteed that it'll respond to a refresh when you do. Also since the CF3 board lacks address buffering, you could possibly glitch the system when plugging in this particular CF card when already powered ON. None of this is catastrophic.

Thank you!!!