Jump to content
Albert

Adventure II XE and Scramble Coming Soon for Atari 8-bits!

Recommended Posts

We'll have two new Atari 8-bit computer games available in the AtariAge Store later this month: Adventure II XE and Scramble!  We've published both of these game for the Atari 5200 in the past -- Scramble last year, and Adventure II back in 2007!  Scramble for the 8-bit computers is mostly the same as the 5200 version, but Adventure II XE has undergone many changes and improvements!  These are also the first Atari 8-bit games we're producing boxes for, and the first new Atari 8-bit games to hit the store in over a decade. 

 

Now that I have a good source of Atari 8-bit shells, next year I will be seeking to add many more 8-bit games to the store.  :)  As my first computer was an Atari 800XL, and I used those computers for years (learning BASIC, 6502 Assembly, playing tons of games, running various BBSs, etc.) it excites me to finally being able to add more 8-bit games to the store.  :)

 

Here are renders of the boxes for both games:

 

800_AdventureIIXE_Render_Boxes.jpg

 

800_Scramble_Render_Boxes.jpg

 

I'm shooting to get all the new games in the store in the middle of this month, with the aim to ship orders in early December.  Many more games are also being added to the store, for the 2600, 5200, 7800, and Jaguar (the Jaguar games are already available to pre-order).

 

 ..Al

  • Like 29
  • Thanks 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh, if you've created a new game (or games) for the Atari 8-bit computers and would be interested in having them published in the AtariAge Store (with professionally printed boxes, manuals, and labels), please drop me a line.  :)

 

 ..Al

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, AtariBrian said:

That Adventure box is sexy! Will the 8 bit carts have an option for any different colors or is there just one color?

At this time just the darker, translucent charcoal shells.  I may buy some beige shells as well and offer a choice when ordering.

 

 ..Al

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Albert said:

We'll have two new Atari 8-bit computer games available in the AtariAge Store later this month: Adventure II XE and Scramble!  We've published both of these game for the Atari 5200 in the past -- Scramble last year, and Adventure II back in 2007!  Scramble for the 8-bit computers is mostly the same as the 5200 version, but Adventure II XE has undergone many changes and improvements!  These are also the first Atari 8-bit games we're producing boxes for, and the first new Atari 8-bit games to hit the store in over a decade. 

 

Now that I have a good source of Atari 8-bit shells, next year I will be seeking to add many more 8-bit games to the store.  :)  As my first computer was an Atari 800XL, and I used those computers for years (learning BASIC, 6502 Assembly, playing tons of games, running various BBSs, etc.) it excites me to finally being able to add more 8-bit games to the store.  :)

 

Here are renders of the boxes for both games:

 

800_AdventureIIXE_Render_Boxes.jpg

 

800_Scramble_Render_Boxes.jpg

 

I'm shooting to get all the new games in the store in the middle of this month, with the aim to ship orders in early December.  Many more games are also being added to the store, for the 2600, 5200, 7800, and Jaguar (the Jaguar games are already available to pre-order).

 

 ..Al

Awesome, I will be adding them both to my Santa list as well!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Perhaps you could think about offering a lose cartridge option too, as not everyone has the space for a collection of boxed games

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, McKong said:

Perhaps you could think about offering a lose cartridge option too, as not everyone has the space for a collection of boxed games

I usually do this after games have been on sale for a while.  Boxes are expensive to print, so it's nice to recoup some of those costs early on when selling new games.

 

 ..Al

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love all the game boxes but realised many years ago that I have nowhere to store them so went pretty much totally digital, one for a lottery win....

 

But, its great to see them still being made for the collectors...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mclaneinc said:

I love all the game boxes but realised many years ago that I have nowhere to store them so went pretty much totally digital, one for a lottery win....

 

But, its great to see them still being made for the collectors...

I don't have a lot space in my house nor my wife will let me use that much space but since I moved to Colorado, the basement gives me space to store. It is not finished, so it is not a place to hangout but one day...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My wife has put up with my DVD and Blu rays but space is a premium here, also cost rears its ugly head, new stuff is mostly sensible prices but older stuff just gets silly. I just decided it was time to go fully digital bar the newer consoles I have. I'd love to have it all as the art is wonderful on a lot of the old boxes but cost, space and reliability just make it wrong for me. So I have my 800XL, Ult1mb and the tricked out AVG cart and I can run every thing I could ever want and then some.

 

Good to hear you have a basement to take advantage of, happy collecting but more, happy playing..

 

Paul..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great @Albert!!! When will Tempest finally be available for the 8-bit lineup??? We 5200 owners have been spoiled with it for years I want for all my 8-bit friends to be able to enjoy it too.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey,

I already played those two titles and they are really good. Now that they are available on cart. with a great package, I'm gonna put them ony my wishlist for XMAS...

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BIGHMW said:

Great @Albert!!! When will Tempest finally be available for the 8-bit lineup??? We 5200 owners have been spoiled with it for years I want for all my 8-bit friends to be able to enjoy it too.

That would be a nice one to release on the 8-bit, as long as Trak-Ball support was maintained.  :)

 

 ..Al

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Albert said:

That would be a nice one to release on the 8-bit, as long as Trak-Ball support was maintained.  :)

 

 ..Al

 

The options screen and overall presentation of Tempest are a vision of horror on the 5200, I really hope the game gets spruced up if it is released on the A8.

Edited by www.atarimania.com

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, www.atarimania.com said:

The options screen and overall presentation of Tempest are a vision of horror on the 5200, I really hope the game gets spruced up if it gets a release on the A8.

I don't think that's fair, and you're the only person I've ever seen make that particular complaint.  And there are quite a few copies of Tempest for the 5200 out there.  Tempest on the 5200 is just 32K.  A bankswitched and larger version on the Atari 8-bit could certainly be improved, but an 8-bit version of the game isn't something I've put much thought into. 

 

 ..Al

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, www.atarimania.com said:

 

The options screen and overall presentation of Tempest are a vision of horror on the 5200, I really hope the game gets spruced up if it is released on the A8.

I bought a copy a while back and I'm quite pleased with it, so I seriously do not understand where you are coming from saying that.

Considering it's on a 5200 I think it's pretty good.

 

I'm sure it would look better if I had the composite modification, but it's RF on mine, so any lack of quality is all on my end.

 

TEMPEST1.thumb.PNG.a9563b7b8452b46a9596b4bca999e356.PNG

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't mean the game graphics or gameplay, just the options screen. Sorry, I just feel it's overloaded, spacing is off... Maybe the standard Atari font is OK on the 5200 but it really wouldn't cut it on the A8 in 2020. Just my opinion... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, www.atarimania.com said:

I don't mean the game graphics or gameplay, just the options screen. Sorry, I just feel it's overloaded, spacing is off... Maybe the standard Atari font is OK on the 5200 but it really wouldn't cut it on the A8 in 2020. Just my opinion... 

Well if you compare for instance @Thelen's original version of Yar's Strike to the wonderful 5200 conversion of Yar's Strike that @playsoftmade for us 5200 owners, then I can see your argument as far as using the standard Atari font like @Thelen did on his OG 8-bit version compared to a high-tech looking font like @playsoft decided to use on his 5200 version of Yar's Strike is concerned.

 

When you see both versions on the videos down below you 8-bit owners will want @playsoft's version of Yar's Strike on your 8-bit systems and I have the ROMs to both the 8-bit and 5200 versions right here so if anyone wants to take the task of converting 5200 versions to 8-bit format I can provide them to you as I have both the Homesoft Collection of 8-bit ROMs and also the complete collection of 5200 ROMs too, some of the 5200 versions are better than the OG 8-bit versions and you guys should be able to enjoy them too, as both the 8-bit and 5200 are pretty much the same beast, so I figure why not??? Besides, I've gotta admit one thing, if everything 5200 was on 8-bit, I would want just my 65XE and that's it, but unfortunately, most are not, so that's why I own 4 different units (2600, 5200, 7800 and 65XE).

 

The original Yar's Strike:

 

 

The re-worked Yar's Strike

 

 

....and finally, the wonderful 5200 Yar's Strike after @playsoft ironed out all of the bugs on @Thelen's 2 versions. It's just perfect, I just wish the wall would've still been red but the rainbow shifting doesn't bother me as I mentioned in my review, this being my debut episode of my now famous YouTube channel The Atari Report, in which I will be launching an 8-bit Edition of (and also a 7800 Edition) early next year!!!

 

 

Yar's Strike - Original 8-bit Version.zip Yar's Strike - 8-bit Version.zip Yar's Strike 5200 Version.bin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/5/2020 at 5:26 PM, Albert said:

I may buy some beige shells as well and offer a choice when ordering.

Yes please! I'm a bit fan of the beige to match my XE Game System and accompanying cartridges. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...