IGNORED

Adventure II XE and Scramble Coming Soon for Atari 8-bits!

Albert

When will we see (or at least be able to order) Tempest available for 8-bit (400/800/XL/XE/XEGS), so far it's been NINE YEARS since the 5200 version was put out and 8-bit owners are getting anxious about playing it on their units as well (I also own a XEGS and an Atari Mexico 65XE to go with my 5200), you can always use up/down on the joystick to activate the Superzapper much like the 2600 prototype and Tempest Xtreem or Tempest Elite from V61, only I prefer the 5200 version, but can't wait to use a digital controller with it instead of the CX52. Make it happen on the next batch of releases @Albert, thanks! :) 

Edited by BIGHMW
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Stephen said:

Gorgeous!  What a shame we couldn't have had our Zelda clone back in the mid 80s.  The hardware definitely could have supported it, there was just no time and money to be spent creating it.

100%  I mean this looks amazing.  And just goes to show how truly capable the old GTIA/ANTIC really is. 

• Like 2

Reminds me, I wonder where my computer is?  It had to go out for repair and was shipped back to me beginning of this week, but has not arrived (should have been a 1 day delivery) and the tracking information is completely blank now like it never shipped...  Hope it's not lost.  Really looking forward to playing Adventure II XE on it!

Here's a photo of the Atari 8-bit labels I'm having printed.  Two of these are for Adventure II and Scramble, plus I'm having the Castle Crisis and Beef Drop labels printed as well (up to now I've always printed those myself--the main visual difference is these will be nice and glossy). 

label_proofs_800.jpg

These haven't gone into production yet as we're fixing some minor issues with four 2600 end labels.  The printer sent me new proofs last week, and they should have been here on Saturday.  But everything with FedEx Ground is behind schedule right now, so they didn't show up until Monday.  I was gone most of the day, and when I did arrive home, someone had stolen the package.  So that's great.  The printer is sending out another batch this week.  Always something!

..Al

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Albert said:

they didn't show up until Monday.  I was gone most of the day, and when I did arrive home, someone had stolen the package.  So that's great.  The printer is sending out another batch this week.  Always something!

Unbelievable! I hate thieves. 

16 hours ago, Albert said:

Here's a photo of the Atari 8-bit labels I'm having printed.  Two of these are for Adventure II and Scramble, plus I'm having the Castle Crisis and Beef Drop labels printed as well (up to now I've always printed those myself--the main visual difference is these will be nice and glossy). 

imageproxy.php?img=&key=f4dcc336a70d5c68label_proofs_800.jpg

These haven't gone into production yet as we're fixing some minor issues with four 2600 end labels.  The printer sent me new proofs last week, and they should have been here on Saturday.  But everything with FedEx Ground is behind schedule right now, so they didn't show up until Monday.  I was gone most of the day, and when I did arrive home, someone had stolen the package.  So that's great.  The printer is sending out another batch this week.  Always something!

..Al

Time for some glitter bombs?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, Albert said:

And here are the Adventure II XE cartridges I just finished building and testing!

AdventureIIXE_Carts.jpg

:)

..Al

That's the one I'm especially waiting for.  ?  Went out and bought my first 8-bit Atari computer specifically for this one game!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, nadir said:

That's the one I'm especially waiting for.  ?  Went out and bought my first 8-bit Atari computer specifically for this one game!

15 minutes ago, leech said:

Which is funny, as I bought a 5200 for the same reason!

Which is funny, as I bought an XEGS and 800XL just to make (and test) the game! 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1