IGNORED

Adventure II XE and Scramble Coming Soon for Atari 8-bits!

Albert

1 hour ago, zzip said:

4 of the stock went to scalpers, there's only one left! 

I don't know if U should laugh or cry about that!  Ha, on the flip side maybe that is good for the nuTari VCS.  People want a new console but can't find a PS5 or Xbox whatever for less than 1k....

12 minutes ago, kheller2 said:

I'm just being a jerk ...  but... does 0.5 Monday mean, late late late afternoon? :)

Today, after I finish reviewing all the entries and fixing any problems I find, then I have to write up the post for the front page of the store.  I've already made all the videos for the new games live:

https://www.youtube.com/c/AtariAge/videos

So, later this afternoon.

..Al

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

53 minutes ago, Albert said:

Today, after I finish reviewing all the entries and fixing any problems I find, then I have to write up the post for the front page of the store.  I've already made all the videos for the new games live:

https://www.youtube.com/c/AtariAge/videos

So, later this afternoon.

..Al

My $$$ is waiting.  Though still wondering if I should wait a bit for JagGD too, as I will be ordering that as well.  Ah, so much to buy.... and do I go 8bit or 5200 version for Scramble... who do I kid, I will probably buy both...

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
57 minutes ago, nadir said:

With Adventure II XE coming out, I'm actively looking at acquiring an 800XL just for this one game as it looks so amazing!

What are you waiting for?  (I have 3 now.  You leave some 8bits in a room and they seem to multiply somehow.  Should have never programmed the Birds and Bees into them.)

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, leech said:

What are you waiting for?  (I have 3 now.  You leave some 8bits in a room and they seem to multiply somehow.  Should have never programmed the Birds and Bees into them.)

Only three?  My current tally: One stock 800; one stock 800xl (boxed, serial numbers match); U1MB 800xl; 256K RAMBO 800xl with Sophia 2 and soon PokeyMax Quad; Antonia (4Mb, 65816 CMP) 800xl with Sophia 2 and soon PokeyMax Quad; stock 130xe (boxed, NoS from MyAtari with no serial numbers); and XEGM with TransKey and an old indestructible AT keyboard.

But if my wife asks, it's only the ones she can see at the moment when she's looking...

2 minutes ago, David_P said:

Only three?  My current tally: One stock 800; one stock 800xl (boxed, serial numbers match); U1MB 800xl; 256K RAMBO 800xl with Sophia 2 and soon PokeyMax Quad; Antonia (4Mb, 65816 CMP) 800xl with Sophia 2 and soon PokeyMax Quad; stock 130xe (boxed, NoS from MyAtari with no serial numbers); and XEGM with TransKey and an old indestructible AT keyboard.

But if my wife asks, it's only the ones she can see at the moment when she's looking...

Ha, only 3 800xls... I didn't want to list the 2x 1200xls, 2x 800s, 3x 130xes, 2 600xls... i think the only ones I don't have are 400s or like 65 XEs... don't really see the point in those.   Then I don't have a wife either, so don't need to hide them, just need a spot to hook them up!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, leech said:

I don't have are 400s or like 65 XEs... don't really see the point in those.   Then I don't have a wife either, so don't need to hide them, just need a spot to hook them up!

Agree with the 65XE, got it together with the 130XE, but even before Candle releases the 400 Incognito, the 400 is required just for looks. Its angles scream 1970s and it is the only Atari that would not look out of place on a desk on the Enterprise. (I also liked the cartridge door springing open while the 800’s occasionally needed a push to open completely, but since I put a little Teflon grease on the 800’s, it can compete.)

Stats below.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I received the fifth (!) round of manual proofs last week, and they all looked great!  The order finally went into production and I should have the manuals by the end of this week. 

manual_proofs_20210-03-01.jpg

There are some reprints of earlier manuals above as well.  But you can see the 8-bit Adventure II XE and Scramble manuals in the above image.  I'll have more physical proofs for the labels this week, and if those look good they will also go into production.  The light at the end of the tunnel is getting closer!  I'm really looking forward to getting these new games out to everyone!

..Al

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Time for another update!

I received the manuals last Saturday!  19 boxes worth of manuals (for 32 different games, most new, but some old as well) and they all look fantastic!  Although it was painful going back and forth, resulting in five sets of physical proofs, it paid off since all the manuals came out great.  The only missing piece now is the label order.  Last week I received a full set of label proofs, and everything looked perfect except for four of the Atari 2600 end labels (an issue with the black on those).  More proofs for just those labels were sent out yesterday and I should have them on Saturday.  Assuming those look good, that entire label order will go into production. 

In the meantime, I continue to solder and build games.  :)

I'll post some photos of the label proofs later.

..Al

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Albert said:

Time for another update!

I received the manuals last Saturday!  19 boxes worth of manuals (for 32 different games, most new, but some old as well) and they all look fantastic!  Although it was painful going back and forth, resulting in five sets of physical proofs, it paid off since all the manuals came out great.  The only missing piece now is the label order.  Last week I received a full set of label proofs, and everything looked perfect except for four of the Atari 2600 end labels (an issue with the black on those).  More proofs for just those labels were sent out yesterday and I should have them on Saturday.  Assuming those look good, that entire label order will go into production. 

In the meantime, I continue to solder and build games.  :)

I'll post some photos of the label proofs later.

..Al

It will soon be upon us!