IGNORED

Demo of Tanam cartridge adapter and Door Door

Thank you for doing this video! I like it a lot.

I knew some of the stuff, but was not aware that TI-Scramble was ported as well.

Would be great to find out what kind of code modifications were necessary to make it run.

Probably VDP port addresses, sound port address, keyboard scanning. 

Does the Tutor have a 9901 or was it handled directly by the CPU? Can’t remember.

Perhaps one of our japanese friends can give some details on the process involved. 

Or share the source code (same for Pitfall and especially Door Door).

A port of Door Door for the TI-99/4a would be cool.

Hey, i’d even like a sound sample of a native speaker pronouncing Pyuta. ?

• Like 3

Great Video?

The Tutor use different VDP, Sound etc. port. 

Keyboard you can access directly and the controller also or you use the great bios functions.

I ported the great Ti Turmoil game, is written in c. I also work on different own projects on the moment.

I also use this RAM/ ROM card and a eprom simulator for testing.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Mobsie said:

Great Video?

The Tutor use different VDP, Sound etc. port. 

Keyboard you can access directly and the controller also or you use the great bios functions.

I ported the great Ti Turmoil game, is written in c. I also work on different own projects on the moment.

I also use this RAM/ ROM card and a eprom simulator for testing.

I sent @tanam1972 a message asking if I can purchase two of his cartridge boards (one, so I can put USA BASIC on it, and one for experimentation.)  I also asked him if I could have the image for TI Scramble.  Getting the source code and learning how it was ported would be of immense help for people looking to port games between our systems.

Here’s what is in the cartridge game adapter memory map (the white bottom part.)

GAME ADAPTER (32K x 2 banks)
-----
US BIOS(0x0000-0x7FFF) - or - 
JP BIOS/G-BASIC(0x0000-0x7FFF)

Note, the second 32K is the Japanese BIOS with Japanese BASIC.  That fits in 32K for some reason.  The US BIOS is 32K without BASIC, and needs an additional 16K BASIC rom. (48K total.)  The US BIOS apparently 16K of added functionality, which we need to disassemble and figure out what that is as a community.

To put US BASIC and make the Pyuuta act like a US Tutor system, the game adapter needs to be set to the US 32K BIOS and the 16K US BASIC ROM needs to live in the  following:

16K ROM CART
-----
US BASIC(0x8000-0xBFFF)
-----

@tanam1972sells both of the above.  I appreciate him explaining the memory map.  He is making me a cart with Pitfall and BASIC.  :)