IGNORED

[Restoration] A Painting of a Model 3

On 11/6/2020 at 2:47 PM, WhataKowinkydink said:

You're going to have to keep us posted on the progress of this project :)

On 11/6/2020 at 12:52 PM, Omega-TI said:

I'm impressed so far.  You're doing a great job.  Please let us see more of these as you go along... ESPECIALLY THE FINISHED VIEW!

To you both, I think your expecting a restored computer image and I will provide you one I did before (see below), as this skin (above) set if for a client that brought me "cores" aka his used skins, for his restoration.

VD9YtkM.jpg

On 11/6/2020 at 7:10 AM, Albert said:

Wow, that looks great! How long did it take to prep the case and paint it?

..Al

prep work varies a little, but on average, full sanding cleaning and primer (3 coats) will take 2-3 days, depends on temperature an humidity of the surrounding air.  then I wait 1 hours between each coat of paint x3, then cure for 48 hours.  then final polishing happens. on average since this is a Hobby no a job,  say 4-5 days.

Edited by Texas Tandy restorations
  • Confused 1

That's an interesting one.  Model 4 keyboard and badge, yet battleship gray and shown booted with trsdos 1.3.  Memory badge missing to add more to the mystery :) Being disk based, it would be 64K or 128K for Model 4, 32K or 48K Model III.  I'm guessing it's a III with the rare Model 4 upgrade kit.  Definitely modified with an awesome amber monitor.

Edited by Turbo-Torch
  • Like 1

correct, model 4 upgrade kits where available to model 3 owners, which this is one of those systems,  why its gray. this  system has 128K in it, Updated FREHD Autoboot Eeprom, 2x360K drives , st-clair amber screen, internal sound (2w amp/speaker) with volume control at the back, and updated rat tail to modern power connector/cable.

VAGIoof.jpeg

WFXcyH7.png

And yes I took out the cassette port out for this for the simple reason, it has the FREHD EEPROM chip in it, this removed the cassette abilities to auto boot sd-harddrive.

how the sound is 

Edited by Texas Tandy restorations
  • Like 1