IGNORED

[AQUARIUS] rood, a new 2-player strategy game for Aquarius

no attack

I recently wrapped up development of a new Aquarius game, rood, based upon an abstract board game I designed last year. I'd be delighted to have some folks test it out, especially on real hardware. I'm calling this release a beta, since there may be a few bugs or quirks I missed. If you're interested, I created a tiny web page with the ROM download and instructions for how to set things up properly in the Virtual Aquarius emulator. Due to the title screen and instructions, I had to require the 16K memory upgrade. Presumably this should work in MAME, but I haven't tested it there. 

And for those interested, the game was programmed with the excellent BLBASIC. The Aquarius is an odd, constrained system to design for, but that tool helped a lot.

Please post back here if you try out the game and/or run into any issues. (Or you can ping me @circuitlions on Twitter).

24167446_rood11-7-20beta.png.6f7546467f3e479faaff0cd1561299b0.png1102650983_rood11-7-20betatitle.png.68ef2f75225894c1f53d1d4695e4a82d.png

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Excellent news!  I'm so glad to see a new game for the Aquarius.  I'll give it a try at the first opportunity; it certainly looks interesting!

(If you'd like an opportunity to demonstrate it, there is an Aquarius Virtual Meet & Greet scheduled for Saturday the 14th.  I can also help with producing game cartridges, if you're interested.)

51 minutes ago, jaybird3rd said:

Excellent news!  I'm so glad to see a new game for the Aquarius.  I'll give it a try at the first opportunity; it certainly looks interesting!

(If you'd like an opportunity to demonstrate it, there is an Aquarius Virtual Meet & Greet scheduled for Saturday the 14th.  I can also help with producing game cartridges, if you're interested.)

Oh nice—are there any other details other than the start time? I have a conference that day but I might be able to drop by for a bit.

And yeah, a short run of carts might be nice. Just let me know what might be involved.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, no attack said:

Oh nice—are there any other details other than the start time? I have a conference that day but I might be able to drop by for a bit.

And yeah, a short run of carts might be nice. Just let me know what might be involved.

There is a sign-up link available in the thread I pointed to; the details are given there, or you can contact the OP in that thread for more.  When you've finalized the game enough that you want to put it on cartridge, just send me a PM and we'll take it from there!

2 minutes ago, jaybird3rd said:

There is a sign-up link available in the thread I pointed to; the details are given there, or you can contact the OP in that thread for more.  When you've finalized the game enough that you want to put it on cartridge, just send me a PM and we'll take it from there!

Sounds good, thank you!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MackJsy said:

It runs on a real machine, get a few FC error's and thus restarts when it first loads

So were the FC errors immediately on boot and then resolve themselves, or did you need to manually restart to get it to work?

And thank you for testing this out!