IGNORED

FujiNet8000? (Z80-CP/M module)

bcombee

22 minutes ago, Kyle22 said:

Why do people attack ME? I'm gonna find a hard drive to install in my Indus.

You will have to engineer one to fit on the Z80 socket, as such a beast does not exist (for the Indus GT)

Seriously, at this point, the gloves are off. You do not listen to ANYONE, and for that, you're condemned to be forever spinning your wheels accomplishing nothing.

and to be even more succinct. You do not listen to anyone who gives you a solution if it's not the one you specifically want. THIS is what dooms you to accomplishing nothing, because you absolutely refuse to admit that your viewpoint may be wrong, and that you might need to take another path.

It's been YEARS of this shit, with you. YEARS of people trying to help you, give suggestions, and in every case when somebody has finally had it with you, you just recoil and turn into the victim, because, god, it probably worked for you in school at some point.

You don't like Windows 10, fine. Windows XP is a massive security hole. More than a few of us gave solutions for an actual secure operating environment (especially because some of us including ME _ARE_ SECURITY EXPERTS WHO HAVE WORKED IN THE FIELD PROFESSIONALLY! AND ACTUALLY KNOW WHAT THE FUCK WE ARE TALKING ABOUT!), you just plugged your ears going LALALALA... It's not about security.

You are not honest with yourself, and that is why you are doomed to failure. 

-Thom

p.s. I guess this is a long way for me to go, blowing my top in the process, for me to say, dude, there are actual ways to accomplish what you want to do, if you only get your head out of your arse, and actually try to think about solving the problem, instead of just trying to do things a very specific way. I've shown you the path, and so many of us have bent over backwards to help for many things in the past, but dude. SACK THE FUCK UP.

Edited by tschak909
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Kyle22 said:

sorry.

I was thinking out loud about workarounds.

Not meaning to offend ANYONE.

I am passionate about re-creating my dream system which was an Atari connected to a TeleVideo NZ-COM system with a hard drive.

The RunCPM implementation provides drives 'A' to 'P' which are read directly from the SD card.

Not only that, but the BDOS (and BIOS) can be extended, as it is a high level implementation, to add missing functionality.

-Thom

• Like 1

That would be awesome if something could be done. It would require full understanding of the Z-System.

Documentation is here: https://www.z80cpu.eu/mirrors/oldcomputers.dyndns.org/public/pub/manuals/zcpr/ZCPR3_The_Manual_(ocr).pdf

This describes the manual install process. NZ-COM is basically an automated installer for it.

I am confident that eventually someone who understands FN internals better than I do will be able to make something work.

I hope these pdfs are helpful.

Thanks!

nzcom.pdf ZCPR3_The_Manual_(ocr).pdf

Edited by Kyle22
Attach PDF

12 minutes ago, Kyle22 said:

That would be awesome if something could be done. It would require full understanding of the Z-System.

Documentation is here: https://www.z80cpu.eu/mirrors/oldcomputers.dyndns.org/public/pub/manuals/zcpr/ZCPR3_The_Manual_(ocr).pdf

This describes the manual install process. NZ-COM is basically an automated installer for it.

I am confident that eventually someone who understands FN internals better than I do will be able to make something work.

I hope these pdfs are helpful.

Thanks!

nzcom.pdf 600.44 kB · 0 downloads ZCPR3_The_Manual_(ocr).pdf 9.48 MB · 0 downloads

You just aren't getting it, are you? Try to make something work. Everything is available. I AM NOT YOUR PERSONAL CODER. Especially not for something that only you will use.

-Thom

I posted that for OTHERS who may read it. I WAS NOT ASKING YOU to do it.

I *DO* have trouble with coding much past 6502 & Z80ASM, BASIC, VERY limited C.

I said SOMEONE. "I am confident that eventually someone who understands FN internals better than I do will be able to make something work. "

Edited by Kyle22
more info, paste original quote.

22 hours ago, Kyle22 said:

Why do people attack ME?

Maybe because you don't ever shut up about Windows XP. In case you haven't realized, we are NOT going to make the fujinet flasher work with it. You are welcome to try yourself, good luck.

And while you are at it, try to read the topic of a forum thread before you post to it. Half the time your posts don't relate to the topic at hand. You continually ask about cp/m or some other bullshit in completely unrelated thread.

Back on topic...

1 hour ago, Kyle22 said:

I'm confident that someone who understands CP/M and NZ-COM internals would be able to make something work. The first thing you could do is at least take a look at the source code for FujiNet runcpm. You claim to know a little coding so maybe it will make sense. Runcpm is in this dir and it gets started in here when you call 'ATCPM'. You just have to follow the functions (that's what I do and I'm not a programmer).

If you can get over your fear of a modern operating system, there are instructions to setting up the build system for FujiNet on the wiki. Don't even think about asking for help to get it running on windows xp.

1 hour ago, tschak909 said:

Not only that, but the BDOS (and BIOS) can be extended, as it is a high level implementation, to add missing functionality.

If I understand correctly, you are hinting that new functions can be added to support whatever it is that NZCOM is trying to do. Sounds like @Kyle22 should read that ZCPR3 manual and attempt to add some new functionality to runcpm. I will not be reading any CP/M or ZCPR3 or NZCOM manuals.

I am done with this NZCOM project unless someone who cares provides something useful to go on.

It must be understood: If nobody TRIES to learn how FujiNet works underneath (or even looks at the sheer amount of content I am producing towards this subject) there will not be anyone who understands FujiNet internals well enough to be able to solve the problem.

What you're saying, @Kyle22 is a gigantic cop-out. If everybody says the same damned thing, "I'll wait until somebody else does it." it never gets done.

Do you not grasp that you're literally now trying to play the victim? Maybe you do. Maybe that's how you've gotten what you wanted. It's a shitty way to live life.

-Thom

Edited by tschak909