IGNORED

MDOS 7.00 Developer's Version

9640News

6 hours ago, Schmitzi said:

No, it didn´t change :( Sorry, I confused that with the Directory Manager v2.63T from Clint Pulley.

Ah.  Check the release notes, I thought I added a keypress to toggle the directory/file order in the window?  If it is not in that release I will add to my list to hunt down as maybe I did that for myself and never released it...

• Thanks 1

I don't recall seeing anything in the CLI\DIRS file when we were updating it for the TIPI to suggest any toggles for the directory/file order.  Fortunately, that should not impact anything in FILEOPS, COPYS, or the GETCMDS source files if it is implemented.

For others that may have a bit of interest, it is the CLI\GETCMDS source file that builds a list of files and directories according to any switches added to the COPY, ATTRIB, DIR, or other commands that scan a path.  It took some time with both Tim and I getting a handle on that specific source file when we started to catalog a TIPI path as it was a new device implementation. 

It was after we started digging into the code that fortunately for us, Matt released an update to the PI.CONFIG setup that allows a user to configure how files and/or directories are presented during a directory listing that simplified some efforts.  Matt has given us the ability to to pretty much have an unlimited number of files at a path, which I have yet to find a single disk manager with the capability to give a listing of anything over 700 files.  That's because prior to the TIPI, directory paths were limited to 127 files and 114 directories at any one location.  TIPI expanded that capability.  I think XDIR by John Johnson is the only program that can display everything in a directory, but that is without any disk management capability.

Beery

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, BeeryMiller said:

don't recall seeing anything in the CLI\DIRS file when we were updating it for the TIPI to suggest any toggles for the directory/file order.  Fortunately, that should not impact anything in FILEOPS, COPYS, or the GETCMDS source files if it is implemente

My comment about toggling the order was only intended for Directory Manager, sorry if that wasn't clear. 

• 1 month later...
On 11/10/2020 at 2:27 AM, dhe said:

mizapf,

Is there a way to crank up the speed of MAME, I know for things like most arcade games, close to original timing is optimal, when it comes to things, like compiling MDOS - a 2Ghz TMS9995 would be nice!

MAME-Geneve-Speed100Meme5.thumb.JPG.b03da2adc2b63f98ee12c60fd5059e87.JPG

Hi, I do not use Mame very often. but I use this:

MAME.EXE GENEVE -SPEED 100 -PEB:blablabla

OK, it´s not 100 times faster, but when I boot into Tony´s MdosGpl.hd with his menu, this takes about 36 sec.

With this parameter set, it is less than 15sec, what feels 5 times faster :)

Maybe compiling things or so looks other ? Just let us know. And make backups ! :grin:

You can also just push F10 when the emulated keyboard mode is partial (scroll lock) to run unthrottled. It'll push whatever it can manage. F10 again to return to normal speed. F11 will show you the current speed.

I get 650% performance on my PC, according to that.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
On 2/8/2021 at 8:27 AM, InsaneMultitasker said:

The program was not formally released.  The risk of misuse, accidental or otherwise, was too great at that time. I might still have the program source in my archives.

I'll add it to the list to review.  What is the reason for removing the CLS effect?

Hi Tim,

I too would like a copy of LOADIMAGE if possible. c",)