IGNORED

Intellivision HSC - Season 13 - Game 18 - TRON: Maze a Tron / Vectron Bonus

43 minutes ago, Player One said:

Vectron-3150

This looks like a fun game. Unfortunately I can only shoot in three directions, straight down, 45º left and 45º right, not the seven directions claimed in the manual.

I'm using a flashback controller with a 2600 daptor. I also tried with a modern style controller.

1410621559_Vectron2020-11-2216_20_06.thumb.png.939435b36d11cf4b24ab34b3d984e17c.png

The 2600-daptor supports 16 directions.  Something is not right with your emulator.  Did you try an analog stick.

My Maze-A-Tron Update: So while everyone comes out of their food coma, check this score out!!! Nailed a couple HUGE bonuses in this one. I got to level 18. The screen moves so fast the game is practically unplayable. Bigger scores are definitely possible. I think there are some hidden gems in this game. Going left in the maze seems to be a waste. I've only had luck going right. Had a fun time with this one. ?

MAZET(1131300)S13GO.thumb.jpg.345e319ad88dd233180e56caa6e52310.jpgMAZET(1131300)S13.jpg.ae248016b5f2205206e8f7bc09901844.jpg

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Rickster8 said:

My Maze-A-Tron Update: So while everyone comes out of their food coma, check this score out!!! Nailed a couple HUGE bonuses in this one. I got to level 18. The screen moves so fast the game is practically unplayable. Bigger scores are definitely possible. I think there are some hidden gems in this game. Going left in the maze seems to be a waste. I've only had luck going right. Had a fun time with this one. ?

What the....???  I don’t even know

what to say. That is INSANE!!! Rick, you went nuts with this one!!!

Whats Going On Wtf GIF by Back to the Future Trilogy

• Haha 2

Always love Maze-a-Tron as a kid--when I had hours to wander the maze, then spend 30 seconds facing down the MCP! 

Playing on my Raspberry Pi w/ Ultimate PC Interface and Flashback controller, using original overlay and original instruction book. 

Took a LONG time to find the RAM chips--then it was very exciting to zero them out.  I remember running along the top row and setting the left bits, then hitting the flip/flop and running down the middle dodging in and out of both rows, then I looked and looked for another flip/flop and it was SO FAR AWAY!  Finally got the maze going the other direction, and took care of the bottom row zeroing out the RAM.

The stack must have popped on the MCP because I was right back to the maze.  So disappointing.  I should spend some time in practice mode with the MCP, but I'm just not feeling it.

Happy to put up my 2,000 points for this game.

The controls for Vectron are so bad.  I usually zoom all the way to the left so I can just go right, right, right, right trying to fill in the energy bases.  Then repeat until I can clear the level.  Still not sure exactly how to play this game. 

I'll take my two low scores for this session and focus on AD&D which I dearly love.  Never played Stampede because I was a video game snob when I was a kid and Activision = Atari & Atari < Intellivision.  ;)

IMG_5327.jpg

IMG_5318.jpg

• Like 5

47 minutes ago, gar0u said:

Always love Maze-a-Tron as a kid--when I had hours to wander the maze, then spend 30 seconds facing down the MCP! 

Playing on my Raspberry Pi w/ Ultimate PC Interface and Flashback controller, using original overlay and original instruction book. 

Took a LONG time to find the RAM chips--then it was very exciting to zero them out.  I remember running along the top row and setting the left bits, then hitting the flip/flop and running down the middle dodging in and out of both rows, then I looked and looked for another flip/flop and it was SO FAR AWAY!  Finally got the maze going the other direction, and took care of the bottom row zeroing out the RAM.

The stack must have popped on the MCP because I was right back to the maze.  So disappointing.  I should spend some time in practice mode with the MCP, but I'm just not feeling it.

Happy to put up my 2,000 points for this game.

The controls for Vectron are so bad.  I usually zoom all the way to the left so I can just go right, right, right, right trying to fill in the energy bases.  Then repeat until I can clear the level.  Still not sure exactly how to play this game. 

I'll take my two low scores for this session and focus on AD&D which I dearly love.  Never played Stampede because I was a video game snob when I was a kid and Activision = Atari & Atari < Intellivision.  ;)

Yeah to me getting to the RAM chips and zeroing them out is one of the coolest things about Intellivision. The MCP part is pretty cool too, but the aiming controls are DREADFUL. The maze part is pretty bad though. Very hard to run through it fast as you get caught up on just about everything and that damn Recognizer is a total menace. I was decent at this as a kid, but my hand was too small to adequately operate the controller. I'm much better at it now. I find it a fun game, but it does get somewhat repetitive kind of like Dracula does. I did an experiment lastnight. I tried to go all the way left and then all the way right to see if I would eventually get to the RAM chips either way and you cannot get there that way. You just end up going in an endless circle. You have to use the I/O transport to get there which to me is stupid. The most annoying thing about this game is when you go in the I/O transport and it shows you going past the RAM chips and then you get dumped off somewhere else meaningless. That to me is absolutely asinine. Like what a tease. You should be able to press the disc and get off the bus right there.... Be like 'okay, this is my stop, thanks'. Lol ?

Nice score on Vectron. It's a VERY hard game to learn. 

• Like 2

I forgot you can get less than 3000 points in phase one.  I find it easier and probably quicker to let the ram chips find me.  Only two of the four circuit boards have the ram chips so your odds are 50/50 if you go searching for them; and the circuit boards are 76 screens wide!  Popping the stack with the MCP is inevitable, it's just a matter of time.  It's more important not to lose a life against the MCP than scoring points.

• Like 2

Maze-A-Tron / Vectron scoring update (Updated thru post #114)

Maze-A-Tron:

1,131,300 - Rickster8 [+2 set new record] 

221,900 - mr_me

39,300 - JacobZu7zu7

13,900 - popsicle

11,300 - Player One

2,000 - Gar0u

0 - Biffman

0 - fakecortex

Vectron: 

443,750 - mr_me [+2 set new record]

271,890 - JacobZu7zu7 [+1 broke old record]

102,810 - Rickster8

31,670 - Ace24

30,020 - Biffman

15,670 - Player One

12,980 - Gar0u

Edited by Rickster8
Added in another score.
  • Thanks 4

Gaming took a backseat recently, but I did play some Maze-A-Tron, for a lovely participation score of 0. Mark it! ? *edit* and Rickster just updated the scores when I was writing this, lol

Perhaps I'll get some Vectron in before the deadline. I'll tell ya tho, haven't been sold on these two from the convo these past few weeks ?

Edited by fakecortex
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, fakecortex said:

Gaming took a backseat recently, but I did play some Maze-A-Tron, for a lovely participation score of 0. Mark it! ? *edit* and Rickster just updated the scores when I was writing this, lol

Perhaps I'll get some Vectron in before the deadline. I'll tell ya tho, haven't been sold on these two from the convo these past few weeks ?

That was kind of my thinking on Maze-a-Tron. I thought about trying to improve, but decided to play Hades, and Mars Horizon, and Forza Horizon 4... and was quite happy with that decision ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

[GAME 18]

MAZE A TRON VECTRON  - FINAL RESULTS) WINNERS: Rickster8 / mr_me

(Both game with new & a set record!)

MAZE A TRON

1. 1,131,300 Rickster8 +13 [+2 set new record] 

2. 221,900 mr_me +12

3. 39,300 JacobZu7zu7 +11

4. 13,900 popsicle +9

5. 11,300 Player One +8

6. 2,000 Gar0u +7

7. 0 Biffman +6

7. 0 fakecortex +6

VECTRON

(BONUS GAME)

1. 443,750 mr_me +7 [+2 set new record]

2. 271,890 JacobZu7zu7 +6 [+1 broke old record]

3. 102,810 Rickster8 +5

4. 31,670 Ace24 +4

5. 30,020 Biffman +3

6. 15,670 Player One +2

7. 12,980 Gar0u +1

8. 3,600 fakecortex +1

A THREE week Birthday Maze A Tron and Vectron blowout!... in the 80's some movie, game or name had some kinda *Tron* put into it, and very tough top scores in both games, from Rickster8 and mr_me both with records to go with those sky high scores! Nice late season showing...?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, BiffMan said:

Congrats @Rickster8on locking up the season victory! Hell of a close season with @IntyFanMattwith both of you putting in some serious time and effort while knocking out some really silly scores!! 

Thanks @BiffMan. I guess the phrase 'sometimes it's better to be lucky than good' applies here as Spartan was killing us all for the first 3rd of the season and then he just completely vanished. ?‍♂️ Also some of the games over the last quarter of the season turned out to be more so in my wheelhouse and turned out to be not favorites of Matt's, (for example Skiing / Maze-A-Tron / Vectron), that was pretty much the difference. It was a loooooonnngg season. I think 18 games / weeks is too much for a Season, I think 16 games / weeks is perfect for a Season. And like Matt said, 'consistency wins', I was able to keep a good level of it week after week. It was alot of fun, especially in these dark times. ?

Edited by Rickster8
Wording
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, Rickster8 said:

Thanks @BiffMan. I guess the phrase 'sometimes it's better to be lucky than good' applies here as Spartan was killing us all for the first 3rd of the season and then he just completely vanished. ?‍♂️ Also some of the games over the last quarter of the season turned out to be more so in my wheelhouse and turned out to be not favorites of Matt's, (for example Skiing / Maze-A-Tron / Vectron), that was pretty much the difference. It was a loooooonnngg season. I think 18 games / weeks is too much for a Season, I think 16 games / weeks is perfect for a Season. And like Matt said, 'consistency wins', I was able to keep a good level of it week after week. It was alot of fun, especially in these dark times. ?

Agreed Rick...18 games was a bit too long, and consistency won over everything.  Great job winning it, and it was a blast to play with all of you here!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Games Won Update: This is BEFORE Stampede / Cloudy Mtn.

9 IntyFanMatt - Shark! Shark! / Pac-man / Worm Whomper / Pitfall / Star Strike / Beauty & The Beast / Dreadnaught Factor x2 / River Raid / Dracula

5 BiffMan - Auto Racing / Utopia / Frog Bog x2 / Dracula / Astrosmash

5 Rickster8 - Space Armada / Auto Racing / Frog Bog / Sharp Shot x3 / Maze A Tron

4 mr_me - Star Strike / Bump 'N' Jump / Skiing x2 / Vectron

3 INTELLIVISION SPARTAN - Night Stalker / Pitfall / Tron Deadly Discs

1 JacobZu7zu7 - Sharp Shot x1

14 minutes ago, Rickster8 said:

Games Won Update: This is BEFORE Stampede / Cloudy Mtn.

9 IntyFanMatt - Shark! Shark! / Pac-man / Worm Whomper / Pitfall / Star Strike / Beauty & The Beast / Dreadnaught Factor x2 / River Raid / Dracula

5 BiffMan - Auto Racing / Utopia / Frog Bog x2 / Dracula / Astrosmash

5 Rickster8 - Space Armada / Auto Racing / Frog Bog / Sharp Shot x3 / Maze A Tron

4 mr_me - Star Strike / Bump 'N' Jump / Skiing x2 / Vectron

3 INTELLIVISION SPARTAN - Night Stalker / Pitfall / Tron Deadly Discs

1 JacobZu7zu7 - Sharp Shot x1

Next season, I vote for extra points for winning games. ?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, IntyFanMatt said:

Next season, I vote for extra points for winning games. ?

I agree, either that or we bring back the +2 for games won. I mean if someone wins a game and gets 13 points, the next guy gets 12, not much incentive there....