IGNORED

Intellivision HSC - Season 13 - Game 18 - TRON: Maze a Tron / Vectron Bonus

2 minutes ago, Rickster8 said:

It's really not that hard, especially the early levels, you got this man, fire it back up and make it happen...... ?

I actually think the zeroes screen is one of the coolest things in Intellivision. Yeah the controls on this game are AWFUL, but to me the game is very play-able. Yeah it's got many drawbacks, but I've really enjoyed it and will have some more scores to post very soon.... 

But.  It.  Takes.  So.  Long.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, BiffMan said:

At least Astrosmash I get a score for playing for 30 minutes.  I've played Tron twice now with zero score to show for it.  Fun!

Keep trying. You need to meet the MCP face to face, he's such a kind and friendly guy which sooooo much love to give.... HAHAHHAHAHAHA ?

• Haha 1

It only takes a few minutes to get though a round of mazeatron.  On the medium difficulty, it's possible to do the ram chips without using the stop button and without leaving the ram area.  At first the quicker maze speed helps speed things up but then it gets too fast and makes everything longer.  Ten rounds of mazeatron is a long game.

Edited by mr_me
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, mr_me said:

What level are you getting to?

Unfortunately I don't know the level I ended on because as you know they only show you what level you're on when you battle the MCP. I didn't notice cuz I was locked into changing the numbers and dodging his fiery laser blasts. I will play again and video when I get to the MCP in the later rounds. ?

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Rickster8 said:

Unfortunately I don't know the level I ended on because as you know they only show you what level you're on when you battle the MCP. I didn't notice cuz I was locked into changing the numbers and dodging his fiery laser blasts. I will play again and video when I get to the MCP in the later rounds. ?

To get 200k+ points from just phase one you'd have to get through level 12.  In phase two, you'd have to average about 30 bit pairs per level to get your score over 400k points.  At level 12, each bit pair is worth 1200 points and there is no limit to scoring in phase 2.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, mr_me said:

Vectron

Intellivision hardware

IMG_20201121_002825.thumb.jpg.1d090c59974a4df64d37241867f1d7d7.jpg

HOLEY SCHMOLEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW!! Lol I can't even get close to 100k. That's gotta be the highest Vectron score EVER!!! I have no problem saying that...... ?

I'm waiting for my modded 2609 to arrive today and then I will see if the game is any easier via the cartridge. For now I'm done playing the emulation version of Vectron.... 

Edited by Rickster8
Added a little more text.

On the intellivisionairies episode, Paul got 366k so he's certainly capable of doing it.  Once you figure out the second set, the third set is easy.  The fourth set isn't bad but I just can't get passed level twelve.  There are some missed collisions with this game.  The second set isn't so tough either, just shoot the yellow guys before they touch your block.

Edited by mr_me
  • Like 2

My Vectron Update: Okay I took mr_me's advice and FINALLY got through Level 5, but on Level 6 I was instantly TOASTED lol. Still waiting anxiously for modded InTV 2609 to arrive so I can play Vectron using the cartridge. ?

My bonus points were weak as well which is why the score is low for completing Level 5..... ?

VEC(72380)S13.thumb.jpg.9087273bb3d11ea4edb5a06e7f534088.jpg

Edited by Rickster8
Added a little more text.
  • Like 3

Man, this may be my last attempt at this. Dumbfounded on how these astounding 400k + scores are being had. I've yet to actually defeat the mcp. The controls are so janky on this stage. And I only seem to stumble on the ram chips on accident. Mostly at the left-most edge of it, with the screen scrolling to the right, so I have to wait forever to find a reverse bunker. Am I missing something elementary here?

13900 tron.jpg

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, popsicle said:

Man, this may be my last attempt at this. Dumbfounded on how these astounding 400k + scores are being had. I've yet to actually defeat the mcp. The controls are so janky on this stage. And I only seem to stumble on the ram chips on accident. Mostly at the left-most edge of it, with the screen scrolling to the right, so I have to wait forever to find a reverse bunker. Am I missing something elementary here?

You cannot defeat the MCP. You can only try to hold him off for so long by scoring as many points as you can. In the beginning stages the I/O transport will throw you to the zeroes screen and yes to the left of it scrolling right which is stupid but it is what it is. Yes the screen changer is about two screens to the left which is also stupid development in my opinion. Yes I agree the aiming controls in Phase 2 (MCP) are HORRIBLE!!!!

Edited by Rickster8
Wording
  • Like 1

Maze-A-Tron / Vectron scoring update (Updated thru post #99)

Maze-A-Tron:

453,600 - Rickster8 [+2 set new record]

221,900 - mr_me

39,300 - JacobZu7zu7

13,900 - popsicle

11,300 - Player One

0 - Biffman

Vectron: 

443,750 - mr_me [+2 set new record]

271,890 - JacobZu7zu7 [+1 broke old record]

102,810 - Rickster8

30,020 - Biffman