IGNORED

Arcade-One system?

mstaton

4 minutes ago, Keatah said:

It's always that way with anything electronics and computers.

I've been doing emulators since the days before Stella was even a gleam in Mr. Mott's eye. Today there are thousands of options and combinations ranging from complete turn-key systems through do-it-yourself and compile-it-yourself systems.

The most successful configurations I've put together for folks over the years have always been small form factor i7 systems with either a custom front-end or plain old Windows.

I always like it when users learn something about how everything works. Makes for easier updating and allows new systems to be added. Not to mention that it sets good expectations about what is practical vs what is fantasyland.

I don't know what so fantasyland about a system that's complete plug and play.   My old 1979 Atari 2600 heavy-sixer does just that.  It's now 2020.  You say there's thousands of options including complete turn-key systems.  If you would, please point me in the right direction to those turn-key systems that you would recommend.  Thank you!!

Fantasyland is licensing land.

https://www.dreamarcades.com..might have something that could satisfy you or get you part of the way there. Why not drop them an email and see what they offer? They list the systems you mentioned in your initial post. They also claimed to have a kickstarter going at one time for a Small Form Factor PC http://dreamcade.com/index.html. I am not sure what became of that.

Failing that, you may have to bite the bullet and do-it-yourself. DIY means picking the best emulators for each machine and using archive.org or a hyperspin hard drive. some For full libraries and a premium experience DIY is probably the best.

Considering as others have said, I don’t want to play on my Mac. I want a separate unit hooked to a TV. And like I’ve reiterated several times I want to buy a system ready to go, plug and play. With this in mind, how about this for $179?

https://retroarcadestore.com/collections/retro-pie-game-consoles/products/copy-of-new-raspberry-pi-4-2gb-retropie-console-with-flirc-case-up-to-20-000-games-mini-hdmi-adapter-power-supply-controllers?variant=33105355538495

On 11/13/2020 at 2:16 PM, mstaton said:

Considering as others have said, I don’t want to play on my Mac. I want a separate unit hooked to a TV. And like I’ve reiterated several times I want to buy a system ready to go, plug and play. With this in mind, how about this for $179?

https://retroarcadestore.com/collections/retro-pie-game-consoles/products/copy-of-new-raspberry-pi-4-2gb-retropie-console-with-flirc-case-up-to-20-000-games-mini-hdmi-adapter-power-supply-controllers?variant=33105355538495

Looks pretty good to me, and you're almost certainly going to enjoy using SNES-type controllers (assuming they're decent quality) rather than XBOX.  

What kind of TV are you planning to use?  I've had problems with my 4k TV, where Retroarch keeps wanting to force a high resolution and update rate and the games stutter and slow down.  Even if I change settings and save, it changes back next time I load it up - very frustrating.  That same system on an older 1080 TV runs like a champ.  This is using a PC; I have no experience hooking a Pi up to a 4k TV.