IGNORED

FinalGROM 99 request:

Bill R Sullivan

22 minutes ago, HOME AUTOMATION said:

I didn't know you were using a hyper TI system. Does the SNUG add its own GRAM? Maybe there's a conflict.

That's the plain old vanilla phm3055.BIN. The grm3055.BIN, is the exact same image, except I changed the forth byte from >00, to >52(R), to indicate to the FG99, to load it into GRAM vs. GROM. ...or so I think.?

I'm not ujsing that system for this operation.  If I go to the Full PEB system it will be converted from the SNUG TI-99/4P to a standard TI-99/4A system.

Wouldn't we need "x" for RAM and GRAM?  So we can load XB which is GRAM and 2 banks of RAM?

Edited by Bill R Sullivan
Added more details.

21 minutes ago, HOME AUTOMATION said:

I didn't know you were using a hyper TI system. Does the SNUG add its own GRAM? Maybe there's a conflict.

That's the plain old vanilla phm3055.BIN. The grm3055.BIN, is the exact same image, except I changed the forth byte from >00, to >52(R), to indicate to the FG99, to load it into GRAM vs. GROM. ...or so I think.?

Yes, I just verified that as I found the FG99 manual in my TIB+ binder!  I had high hopes back when I requested access to GRAM at GRAM 0, 1 & 2.

Fixed typo

28 minutes ago, HOME AUTOMATION said:

I'll try to phrase it better...

ROM(only) mode, pages switch 128x8k

RAM/ROM mode, pages switch 128x4k ROM, 128x4k RAM.

1meg. either way!:)

Yes, I just read that in the manual, so I understand how to switch either.  I think I have a hex editor, but haven't used it, as I mostly only edit GK GRAMS using the MG GK editor on the TI-99/4A.

However, I think in order to make this work for BCART, I will have to add this identifier to the BCART code.  It might not be possible to hack into the object code, so I will have to add it to source and re-assemble it.  This will take some investigation.

Fixed typo added paragraph

On 11/28/2020 at 11:53 AM, Bill R Sullivan said:

Yes, I just read that in the manual, so I understand how to switch either.  I think I have a hex editor, but haven't used it, as I mostly only edit GK GRAMS using the MG GK editor on the TI-99/4A.

However, I think in order to make this work for BCART, I will have to add this identifier to the BCART code.  It might not be possible to hack into the object code, so I will have to add it to source and re-assemble it.  This will take some investigation.

I'm just adding "Sniping tool" HxD shots of both grm3055G.BIN & phm3055G.BIN for you to verify that HxD is OK to use for setting the 4th byte.  I've tried to remove all the image files after the first two again and again, but they remain, and I don't know how they got here to begin with.  Can someone remove them?

image.thumb.png.00c2faf67fa8c0522f6461a7243879a9.png

image.thumb.png.f165e13e048503ab310ac23a73b46458.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Remove un-necessary images, please

1 hour ago, Bill R Sullivan said:

...I've tried to remove all the image files after the first two again and again, but they remain, and I don't know how they got here to begin with.  Can someone remove them?

There's a time limit for editing your own posts. A moderator will have to do it now.

For the next time you insert an image, it looks like this:

1814425319_ImageInsertorDelete.thumb.jpg.25f69f84abc4e1821d9b4a9da3423097.jpg

You see a Plus sign on the bottom left of each image preview. Click that to place it inside the message where your cursor is. That's what I did here to place this sample image within my text.

On the bottom right is a trash can. Click that to remove an unwanted image. Done!

1 hour ago, Ed in SoDak said:

There's a time limit for editing your own posts. A moderator will have to do it now.

For the next time you insert an image, it looks like this:

1814425319_ImageInsertorDelete.thumb.jpg.25f69f84abc4e1821d9b4a9da3423097.jpg

You see a Plus sign on the bottom left of each image preview. Click that to place it inside the message where your cursor is. That's what I did here to place this sample image within my text.

On the bottom right is a trash can. Click that to remove an unwanted image. Done!

Thank you very much, as that will save some of my hair next time.

On 11/30/2020 at 11:49 AM, Bill R Sullivan said:

I'm just adding "Sniping tool" HxD shots of both grm3055G.BIN & phm3055G.BIN for you to verify that HxD is OK to use for setting the 4th byte.

How's it going?

I'm not familiar with HxD. I use HEXEDIT.

...I doubt it matters, as long as the file size stays the same.

10 hours ago, HOME AUTOMATION said:

How's it going?

I'm not familiar with HxD. I use HEXEDIT.

...I doubt it matters, as long as the file size stays the same.

No success so far.  I've not gone back to it since I had lunch at 1:00.  I have other stuff to catch up on, but I will get back to it tomorrow.  I tried "R", "G" and "X" in BCART, but maybe the location is wrong as "BCART" is at the very beginning, so "R" is already the default!

On 11/27/2020 at 7:11 PM, Bill R Sullivan said:

Wow, after 5 minutes, it's still not loaded, as the gyro thingy just keeps rotating/spinning.  How long should it take, as I don't have any other FG99 carts this huge.  After 10 minutes it's still not loaded.  I guess maybe I have to download the two files again in case my first download was corrupted in the process.  Second download: Same results after 6 minutes.

Comments: Hard to believe that both my downloads fail in the same exact way.  There were 4 downloads before my downloads, so did someone else's download work in their FG99?  Please let us know.

I'm not really sure what you're trying to load.  Could you link to (or post) the image, perhaps?

On 12/4/2020 at 8:13 AM, ralphb said:

I'm not really sure what you're trying to load.  Could you link to (or post) the image, perhaps?

HOME AUTOMATION downloaded a replacement image that took care of the described problem, but it still doesn't work or there is another problem with the image I'm trying to load in the E/A ROM/RAM (actually BCART; allows TI Basic programs to be loaded in SuperCart or SuperSpace II RAM at >6000).  At the very beginning of the BCART object file in ASCII is "BCART".  Obviously, it should work for SuperCart as "R" is at the 4th byte of "BCART", and I also changed it to "G" and then "X"; none worked.  This leads me to believe that this is not the beginning of the portion actually uploaded, as happens when I load the same BCART in my real E/A SuperCart.

What would you suggest?

RetroBill (fdos)

2 hours ago, Bill R Sullivan said:

HOME AUTOMATION downloaded a replacement image that took care of the described problem, but it still doesn't work or there is another problem with the image I'm trying to load in the E/A ROM/RAM (actually BCART; allows TI Basic programs to be loaded in SuperCart or SuperSpace II RAM at >6000).  At the very beginning of the BCART object file in ASCII is "BCART".  Obviously, it should work for SuperCart as "R" is at the 4th byte of "BCART", and I also changed it to "G" and then "X"; none worked.  This leads me to believe that this is not the beginning of the portion actually uploaded, as happens when I load the same BCART in my real E/A SuperCart.

What would you suggest?

RetroBill (fdos)

Hopefully, I don't have to "tag" every TIB+ program I will be loading into BCART!!?  Minutes before starting to write this message, I "tagged" BCART with a "G" at another location I thought might be the "start" point of the BCART app that gets loaded at >6000, but CALL LOAD("DSK1.BCART") resulted in an immediate ILL LEGAL TAG error, after issuing CALL INIT and CALL LOAD("DSK1.BSCSUP").  *Dang it all, BCART is not the right file that error I already know about, and does not occur until I save a TIB+ program into it.  The correct file is BCART_O.

BCART_O

added file image, correcte comment

15 hours ago, Bill R Sullivan said:

HOME AUTOMATION downloaded a replacement image that took care of the described problem, but it still doesn't work or there is another problem with the image I'm trying to load in the E/A ROM/RAM (actually BCART; allows TI Basic programs to be loaded in SuperCart or SuperSpace II RAM at >6000). 

The SuperCarts are not compatible with the FinalGROM, because they have their RAM at a different address than the FG99 (even with options R, G, X).

• Like 2

On 12/6/2020 at 4:20 AM, ralphb said:

The SuperCarts are not compatible with the FinalGROM, because they have their RAM at a different address than the FG99 (even with options R, G, X).

Thank you very much for that info, which means I need another solution to make FG99 useful for my TI Basic Plus (TIB+) project.  Fortunately, HOME AUTOMATION already has an idea that may work, but would not be a SuperCart or SuperSpace/II emulation.

RetroBill (fdos)

With a GRAM 0, 1 and 2 you could make a OS to start up the TI99/4A in a interface like the SOB board.

Show me another interface of the TI ever created besides  normal one for 40 years?

I created my own but with no way to install it except for maybe Classic99 we need a cart that has loadable GROMs/ROMs. (FinalGROM)

Edited by RXB
Spelling

1 hour ago, RXB said:

With a GRAM 0, 1 and 2 you could make a OS to start up the TI99/4A in a interface like the SOB board.

Show me another interface of the TI ever created besides  normal one for 40 years?

I created my own but with no way to install it except for maybe Classic99 we need a cart that has loadable GROMs/ROMs. (FinalGROM)

I have use of GRAM 0,1 and 2 in my 80K MG GramKracker, as I don't own a SOB board, and my hobby funds are very limited these days.  Right now my priority is to get my 80K MG GramKracker repaired, as the two RAM banks aren't working, and my EVPC repaired to restore my SNUG TI-99/4P to operation.  Maybe it's time to start a GROMkracker type project for the FG99.  Just don't expect me to assist--no expertise in creating FG99 files, and I learned this morning that I can't even make files used by a few specific FG99 apps.  Besides I already know that every time I add something new to my memory something else is lost.  It just takes time to find out what was lost!

37 minutes ago, Bill R Sullivan said:

I have use of GRAM 0,1 and 2 in my 80K MG GramKracker, as I don't own a SOB board, and my hobby funds are very limited these days.  Right now my priority is to get my 80K MG GramKracker repaired, as the two RAM banks aren't working, and my EVPC repaired to restore my SNUG TI-99/4P to operation.  Maybe it's time to start a GROMkracker type project for the FG99.  Just don't expect me to assist--no expertise in creating FG99 files, and I learned this morning that I can't even make files used by a few specific FG99 apps.  Besides I already know that every time I add something new to my memory something else is lost.  It just takes time to find out what was lost!

Hmm SOB GRAM worked fine in a GRAMKRACKER or GRAMULATOR as I owned all 3 and used all 3 of them.

The only difference is if it resided in GRAMKRACKER or the SOB Board.

They both still worked exactly the same way and you would not lose anything at all, matter of fact you gained more features.

TI Basic was not changed so no problem there if you have a modified GRAM 1 and 2, GROM 0 was the only thing modified really.

Son Of a Board | Oasis Pensive Abacutors (o-p-a.biz)

23 minutes ago, RXB said:

Hmm SOB GRAM worked fine in a GRAMKRACKER or GRAMULATOR as I owned all 3 and used all 3 of them.

The only difference is if it resided in GRAMKRACKER or the SOB Board.

They both still worked exactly the same way and you would not lose anything at all, matter of fact you gained more features.

TI Basic was not changed so no problem there if you have a modified GRAM 1 and 2, GROM 0 was the only thing modified really.

Son Of a Board | Oasis Pensive Abacutors (o-p-a.biz)

I will check this out, provided it does not use RAM at >6000.  So far, I can only find the physical SOB no OPA’s own fully licensed operating system, unless it's either RAMBO or just ROS V8.14 or?

added more text for clairity

2 hours ago, Bill R Sullivan said:

I will check this out, provided it does not use RAM at >6000.  So far, I can only find the physical SOB no OPA’s own fully licensed operating system, unless it's either RAMBO or just ROS V8.14 or?

It only resides in GROM 0, 1 and 2 and I have used GROM 0 only version that worked pretty well.

SOB.zip