IGNORED

SALT test fixture - schematic in CAD?

foft

I want to run the SALT port tests and, rather annoyingly, sold my SALT test fixture a few years ago - since I never used it!

I printed out the schematic and was tempted to enter it into Eagle and make some PCBs. However I was thinking perhaps somehow here already did this? Does anyone already have a SALT test fixture schematic in Eagle/Kicad etc - or even better made some PCBs and have some they are willing to share?

• Like 1

Thanks. I can run the cart image on the ultimate cart etc. I'm talking about the test fixture for the joystick ports and sio ports that the software on the cartridges use. With the ADC to check voltages, SIO and joystick loopback/special input tests.

12 minutes ago, Justin Payne said:

How good are these things at diagnosing issues? 

Seems to do a pretty good job.  I just picked one up recently and tested several 8 bits that seemed perfectly functional.  It identified problems with several of them that I would probably never have noticed without it.  The long burn in tests are especially good in finding faults that are intermittent.

• Like 1

Yes that's the chap. The schematic is in the manual so guess its a case of putting it into a cad program, laying out the board again and putting together a modern BOM. +probably a good idea to replace parts for the modern equivalents, since some of them are harder to find now.

I'll probably have a go in the next year, but its a way down my queue. Was hoping to either buy one or just send an existing design to a pcb house.

• Like 1