IGNORED

New Review Suggestion

Cousin Vinnie

On 12/11/2020 at 10:40 PM, Giles N said:

Very nice!

Keep those reviews coming!

- - -

As to graphics, I may have given it a higher score than you.

The drawback is only 2 frames per moving object/character.

The good sides are: 12 colour sprites, and multiple parallaxes in arcade-quality colour in the backdrops. (But you mentioned the awesome backdrops... so).

Agreed, its one of the best titles for the still ongoing Atari 7800.

Note: I love all sorts of platform games: Wonderboy 1-5, Ghost n Goblins, Mario 1-10 (or whatever the number is by now), Castlevania-series, Sonic (2D), Scrapyard Dog 7800 and Lynx (tremendous), etc etc ... I’m a platform-game-lover, but BBCQ was very impressive for an 8 bit system... (particulary the backdrops).

- - - 

I probably have a better NTSC TV than you: Bentley Bear says either ‘Oh No!’ or ‘Bye!’ or ‘#, ?!’ when he dies...

I started playing Crystal Castles the arcade game and just realized that Bob was just carrying on what Atari did when Bentley died... again, Bob is sharp like that. My TV is fine, but man it struggles with red on Atari 7800 games. I can't fix it. The red bullets on Bob's Frenzy port are virtually invisible. 

2 hours ago, Trebor said:

I thought it was found and was planning another trip. 

Unsure if that ever came to fruition.

That is, of course, Rev 2 Travi (Circa 2009).

Original 7800 Travi (Circa 2007), saw multiple copies, ~dozen or so, around six months after the first one took off on its travels.

For those multiple copies, a game was added.  It's also really a 2600 ROM though, along the lines of "Save Mary" being 'for the 7800' without needing any of the latter's memory requirements. It's not accessing MARIA for graphics.  It's all TIA with a small footprint 4K:

It's playable (Press Reset to start).  Travi continues to glide/float in the last direction it was pressed in without stopping...

I have an authorized copy of Travi (not sure what Rev these would). I purchased it from the man himself @Shawn. Looks like its numbered #7. Like @Treborpointed out, it contains the game.?

Trai Title Screen.jpg

Travi wInstructions.jpg

Instructions.jpg

Travi.jpg

• Like 2

On 11/10/2020 at 3:15 PM, Cousin Vinnie said:

What would you like to see an in-depth review of?

I’ll cast my vote for Moon Cresta. I just got it, and I’ve been trying to give it a fair shake, but DAMN it’s hard. Like, part of me feels like there’s a reason it hasn’t been ported a ton. Don’t get me wrong. I appreciate it for what it is, but I’d love to hear someone else’s take. 

5 hours ago, Funkmaster__V said:

I’ll get to Astro Fighter and Moon Cresta next, but first... I’m in the mood to bust some crazy azz brix 

www.atari7800Forever.com/crazybrixr.html

Here's some Super Circus Atari Age love while we are in the bustin bawls mood

http://www.atari7800forever.com/scaar.html

On 1/5/2021 at 10:50 PM, Mitch said:

Did you forget your password or is there some other reason you are logging in with your other account?

Mitch

Exactly. LOL

Anyways... I also reviewed Serpentine and Super Circus Atari Age this week since I've been on a Homebrew kick. Check em out

www.atari7800Forever.com

• 3 weeks later...

Wheeze about to get nasty over at Atari 7800 Forever.com, cause we are diving head first into the guts of Hearty Manslapper. HMS is an odd one from the Atari 7800's resident homebrew B movie film director: Frankodragon... try mixing 1 part Martin Short's "Inner Space", 1 part independent college film project, 1 part Salvador Dali painting, 1 part internet argument and 5 parts bag full of guts. If you were one of the snow flakes that got all offended at my Hat Trick review, holy Toledo... stay far away from this one. (It contains the word sphincter) 

The review lives here:
www.Atari7800Forever.com/heartymanslapperr.html

heartymanslapper3.png

Edited by Cousin Vinnie

• 3 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Synthpopalooza said:

Does the source still exist?  I might try doing a POKEY soundtrack to it.

I'm not sure if Ken's source code has or had been released/shared before or since his unfortunate passing.  Such a talent, and such a loss to the community. 

I've only seen and heard about this game belatedly.

I would LOVE to have this as a finished game. I always preferred Tengen's Tetris over Nintendo's.  If you could have added those catchy tunes it would have been great!  The Russian dancer animations would have been a nice touch, but not necessary. Still, based on what I've seen of his other works, it seems there is little doubt Ken would have added many more surprises to the finished project.  

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Resurrecting a review with the WAY BACK MACHINE from the old site, and polishing it up with all of this lovely 2021 "wokeness" and bitchiness, we dive into the age old question... do you prefer Commando (shirts) or Ikari Warriors (skins) in this vertical scrolling, testosterone slurping, explosion inducing review of IK. FOR ONE OR TWO PLAYERS (player two not included)

http://www.atari7800forever.com/iwr.html

iwss2.png

s_IkariWarriors_11.png

• Like 2

I CANNOT BE STOPPED TODAY

Today we review ole Bobby D's take on Cinematronics ancient vector game "RIP OFF"

WHAT IS HAPPENING OVA HERE? 
Your wife makes a friggin sweet Nacho Del Grande platter. Her Nachos are so tasty in fact, that you pridefully lay them out for your neighbors to see. Foolish boy. You live in a crappy part of town, but who knew your neighbors were pirates who have a sh*t ton of tanks at their disposal? Text your cooky best friend who lives next door, tell him to grab his tank... because those bastards are coming for your Super Bowl snacks and they hate hatred in their eyes and growling in their guts.

https://www.atari7800forever.com/ripoffr.html

ripoffss2.png

• Like 1