IGNORED

Mark Games that DO NOT RUN

Andrew Davie

I'm doing testing on the latest build.

I've had a few instances of games not running -- all I see is rolling/ horizontally striped screen.

One game that does it consistently is 

"Lili [Lilly Adventure].bin"

If these games are actually not supported by PlusCart, then I think they should be marked as such.

Either use a different colour, or (preferably) simply don't include them in the menu.

Another option could be to modify the name... e.g.

"(Unsupported) Lili [Lilly Adventure].bin"

If these games are meant to run, then there's a bug that needs fixing!

19 minutes ago, Omegamatrix said:

Lili should run, although I have not tried it on the Pluscart.

It is an NTSC version though that is running at 268 lines. Maybe that is the issue if you are using a TV that can't support it.

There are two versions in "recent ROMs".  The first, runs.  The second, with the name given, does not run.

1 hour ago, Omegamatrix said:

Hmmm. I did rename one and moved it. It might be one is simply not there but recent roms is not take this into account.

OK. My TV is dual-format; it should be capable of handling a reasonable range of scanlines.

I regularly switch back and forth between an NTSC and PAL '2600 on it.

10 hours ago, Andrew Davie said:

I'm doing testing on the latest build.

I've had a few instances of games not running -- all I see is rolling/ horizontally striped screen.

One game that does it consistently is 

"Lili [Lilly Adventure].bin"

If these games are actually not supported by PlusCart, then I think they should be marked as such.

Either use a different colour, or (preferably) simply don't include them in the menu.

Another option could be to modify the name... e.g.

"(Unsupported) Lili [Lilly Adventure].bin"

If these games are meant to run, then there's a bug that needs fixing!

It is not the ROM, it is the name (to be precise it is the brackets) that prevent the firmware/backend from loading the ROM.

Edited by Al_Nafuur

40 minutes ago, Al_Nafuur said:

It is not the ROM, it is the name (to be precise it is the brackets) that prevent the firmware/backend from loading the ROM.

The Bug is fixed, square brackets "[]" can now be used in file- and folder-names.

• Like 2