IGNORED

wireless

There are the receivers and masterplay clones.  But that only makes the 3rd party controllers wireless and no keypads.  So I have to get up everytime I need to change a game or restart or pause a game or select options.

But I had an idea.  Use a wireless av sender.  But they are expensive and who knows how good they work.

So instead I got another idea.  Install a wire chanel hider on the wall and sit my 5200 on some cheap 7 dollar side tables I got from ikea.

Then plug the ac into the wall as I have an outlet about couple feet away.  And run a coax from the back of the tv to the 5200 with a coax to phono adapter.  Hide the coax wire in the channel and you never notice.

Actually worked awesome.  Then the 5200 sits right next to me and I do not need to get up to change carts or use keypad to start, pause, reset, or select options.

Let me know what you think. 

http://mvvg.blogspot.com/2020/11/my-atari-5200-setup.html?m=1

I've never been bothered by this as my game room is much smaller measuring only about 10'x15' overall. So for me I keep the 5200 on a wheeled cart and plug it up to a power strip I have along the floor nearby and just use my standard AV cables to it when I want to play. When I'm done, I put it all away on the cart and wheel it off to the side out of the way.

I was saying I can not do wireless so instead hiding wires is another option.  Buying several controller extensions does not help because its still messy and somebody can trip.  Plus that is only for 5200.  I then need extensions for every other console.  This way I can hookup any console with rf or I can run an av cable and then any nes, snes, etc can br hooked up.  Not just 5200.  And extensions keep the controller in my lap but I still need to getup for changing the carts so this is better.