IGNORED

Firmware update - glitch

Andrew Davie

I have tested with 4 of my carts.

Three of them (v0.15.6) failed to reset/reload after the update (although the update was successful).

That is, I had to power-cycle after about a minute - and the new firmware was correctly installed.

The 4th (v0.15.4) may be a dev version -- it simply refuses to update.  It goes away for 2 or 3 seconds and then comes back to main menu.

9 minutes ago, Andrew Davie said:

I have tested with 4 of my carts.

Three of them (v0.15.6) failed to reset/reload after the update (although the update was successful).

That is, I had to power-cycle after about a minute - and the new firmware was correctly installed.

The 4th (v0.15.4) may be a dev version -- it simply refuses to update.  It goes away for 2 or 3 seconds and then comes back to main menu.

the v0.15.6 builds are very experimental dev builds and had already the new larger sized download buffer, but not the necessary bug fix:

https://gitlab.com/firmaplus/atari-2600-pluscart/-/commit/ef5fccf7e565845e7498806d1d5302e94569de14

I had a v0.15.6 that didn't boot after an update at all..

The v0.15.4 builds are using the new API already, but had internally not switched to the new API naming for the update function from " ** Update firmware **" to " ** Update Firmware **"..

1 minute ago, Al_Nafuur said:

the v0.15.6 builds are very experimental dev builds and had already the new larger sized download buffer, but not the necessary bug fix:

https://gitlab.com/firmaplus/atari-2600-pluscart/-/commit/ef5fccf7e565845e7498806d1d5302e94569de14

I had a v0.15.6 that didn't boot after an update at all..

The v0.15.4 builds are using the new API already, but had internally not switched to the new API naming for the update function from " ** Update firmware **" to " ** Update Firmware **"..

Ah, OK.... sorry!