IGNORED

Atari Jaguar Cd

fille1976

Awesome, these will come in handy.  One of my drives has one partially mutilated mount (when I repaired it, it was clear someone even less skilled had attempted a prior repair), and as a result if I don't close the lid just so, it rubs on the disc as it spins.

@fille1976
When you get these, let us know if they are of comparable quality to the originals!

Edited by cubanismo
rubs on the disc, not runs on it.

1 hour ago, cubanismo said:

Awesome, these will come in handy.  One of my drives has one partially mutilated mount (when I repaired it, it was clear someone even less skilled had attempted a prior repair), and as a result if I don't close the lid just so, it runs on the disc as it spins.

@fille1976
When you get these, let us know if they are of comparable quality to the originals!

Ok,will do that,i don't know when they will arrive,probably december.

Now that i ordered them,i can also recap it and service it further,it has a new laser,so it works perfekt,tryed yesterday with audio cd and games.

Also recappped my ntsc jag and my wife found back my pal jag,so gona recap that and keep that as backup,its 50/60 modded.

And then waiting if that gamedrive becomes available sometime.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I just finished up a Jaguar CD repair, I thought I'd post my findings here. The issue was disc read errors due to a failing disc drive, mainly being unable to read CD-R discs. Main thing I found is that not all VAM1202 replacement drives are the same! I tried 4 different ones and the newer ones (with the white plastic on the ribbon connector) continued the disc read errors, while what seemed like an older one (with clear plastic on the ribbon connector) seems to work fine currently. Anybody else have experience with this?

7 hours ago, SparkTR said:

I just finished up a Jaguar CD repair, I thought I'd post my findings here. The issue was disc read errors due to a failing disc drive, mainly being unable to read CD-R discs. Main thing I found is that not all VAM1202 replacement drives are the same! I tried 4 different ones and the newer ones (with the white plastic on the ribbon connector) continued the disc read errors, while what seemed like an older one (with clear plastic on the ribbon connector) seems to work fine currently. Anybody else have experience with this?

This is what I have. Does it look like one of the problem ones?

IMG_20201218_092155.jpg

Edited by JagChris