IGNORED

Game Stop's Anti-Collector Mentality Continues!

Smitty

12 hours ago, BDW said:

It is a bad thing considering Robinhood receives a huge portion of its revenue from Citadel LLC. Citadel LLC, if you recall, invested in Melvin Capital to bail it out after getting squeezed from the Gamestop short. Robinhood knows what side its bread is buttered on. Robinhood isn't looking to protect retail customers, it's looking to protect its own bottom line.

That's an interesting interpretation of the name Robinhood that company has! Protect the elite and keep the poor, poor?

• Like 2

17 hours ago, cimerians said:

They dont have to cover it up and they aren't that smart. And I quote--> think GameStop is wild? Wait 'til you see what the financial industry did to retirement accounts for teachers, nurses, police, firefighters and factory workers in 2008. Their punishment? 0 jail time, big bailout, and a huge new revenue stream: cheap houses to buy and rent out.

This is getting political so I'm stopping right here. Pull up popcorn on your local news channel and enjoy!

The Big Short is an entertaining and informative movie that dealt with the housing crisis that's tied to that. 

A lot of the people on Reddit are willing to go down with the ship as long as Melvin Capital goes under, and this is becoming bigger than a "for giggles" kind of thing. It's illuminating just how rigged things are in favor for those with a ridiculous amount of wealth, and is yet one of the many different things from the past like 11 months that has changed my perspective on things.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, xenomorpher said:

The Big Short is an entertaining and informative movie that dealt with the housing crisis that's tied to that. 

A lot of the people on Reddit are willing to go down with the ship as long as Melvin Capital goes under, and this is becoming bigger than a "for giggles" kind of thing. It's illuminating just how rigged things are in favor for those with a ridiculous amount of wealth, and is yet one of the many different things from the past like 11 months that has changed my perspective on things.

It's majorly rigged for the wealthy for decades but we are seeing it reveal itself more this past year because of COV etc. Check out Dan Price's 'interesting' thread. (He's that CEO who gave all his employees 75K a year and took a million dollar pay cut). 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Keatah said:

How do we know Wall St. doesn't have plants in those reddit groups?

If they didn't before, I'm sure they do now.

They will likely want to catch advance wind of these plans, and counter it by selling/shorting more of the stock to prevent the price from spiking