apc

FujiNet on PC?

@apc we need to sometime soon start working on folding your changes into our master branch, so that you're not having to constantly pull in from upstream.

-Thom

oh yes, the look at diff scares me. I am not sure how to do it, if to add dozens of #ifdefs into the code and how to include sometimes completely different files into the build process...

well, I could perhaps work with you to see what you've changed, help figure out how to fold in each change?

(and yes, probably lots of ifdefs.)

-Thom

Posted (edited)

I don’t quite get what you’ve done here apc. You mean you’re connecting an Atari to a pc with an SIO2PC cable and the Fujinet code that normally runs on the ESP instead is talking to the 8-bit over the cable to give N: access ?

Edited by Alfred

9 hours ago, Alfred said:

You mean you’re connecting an Atari to a pc with an SIO2PC cable and the Fujinet code that normally runs on the ESP instead is talking to the 8-bit over the cable to give N: access ?

Yes.

For most of emulated devices (disks, printer, modem) and FujiNet config the regular SIO2PC should work.

N: device handler (network access) needs one extra link/signal which is likely not present on old style SIO2PC (attaches to serial port on PC, I had to extend my old SIO2PC to pass this extra signal).

I have no exp. with modern devices like SIO2USB or SIO2BT, there is some chance the signal is carried.

Another option would be to build cable similar to:

...and connect RTS to PROCEED pin on SIO

Jan

whoa please measure RTS voltage level while asserted and not asserted with a multimeter... while not connected to your Atari !   You may need a level adjuster in the mix.... You may be stressing or damaging stuff and not know it. I depends on the rs232 port... please check!

1 hour ago, apc said:

...and connect RTS to PROCEED pin on SIO

Ops, would be more precise. @_The Doctor__ thanks for pointing this out. Any signal from regular RS232 cannot be connected directly to SIO.

I meant RTS signal from USB to TTL converter. When planning to share SIO port with other devices, better to use diode, similar to the one for TxD signal on provided link (TheMontezuma replied to rcamp48)

Is anyone known to be working on bringing Fujinet to Mister by running the N: driver on the ARM side?  For that matter is anyone aware of efforts to bring SIO support to Mister via the user port or other means?

On 3/24/2021 at 5:31 PM, weasel5053 said:

Is anyone known to be working on bringing Fujinet to Mister by running the N: driver on the ARM side?  For that matter is anyone aware of efforts to bring SIO support to Mister via the user port or other means?

I wish for this too, but it doesn't seem like it :)

15 hours ago, phigan said:

I wish for this too, but it doesn't seem like it

I worry, my skills is limited to do that ;-)