IGNORED

Intellivision HSC - Season 13 FINALE - Game 19 - Stampede + D&D Cloudy Mountain Bonus

14 minutes ago, Player One said:

Stampede seems to be freezing on me. Either that or the game just ends very suddenly. 

You can only let a certain number of cows pass you. If they do, the number in the top left decreases. When that number gets down to 1, you can’t let any more cows pass. If one of them does, it freezes and it’s game over. 

Edited by IntyFanMatt
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, Player One said:

Stampede seems to be freezing on me. Either that or the game just ends very suddenly. 

Hmph. Sure you're keeping an eye on the number on the top left? That's your stray count, which goes down for each cow that leaves the screen to the left. Before you get the hang of it, it goes down fast.

3 hours ago, BiffMan said:

Yeah, non-random is a whole other strategy compared to the frantic cray-cray of random cows. 

Aaaaand I just realized you were talking about the non-random games, like skill 2. Yikes. I love the variations in these games, keeps them fresh.

Played some D&D earlier w/o reading the manual...so I have three dead party members to show for it. (At least I have the overlay.) Now read, I'll sleep on it, and be ready to tackle it tomorrow, lol. I think I'll start on easy... This is harder than regular D&D. I keep throwing dice at my TV, but no luck.

That was stupid, haha, goodnight.

*edit* whoops, just saw Matt's comment come through. Hope that's the issue and not an emulator or hardware issue.

Edited by fakecortex
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, fakecortex said:

Them doggies!!

And avoid the skull when it pops up.

Here's the manual if ya wanna peruse: https://archive.org/details/Stampede_1982_Activision/mode/2up

I know. I was commenting on the screenshot. My lasso is out but there is no doggy in range. Sorry for the confusion.

I put some time into this yesterday. I even poured over the manual. I'm pretty bad at this game. My goal was to break 1K.... achieved!?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Player One said:

I know. I was commenting on the screenshot. My lasso is out but there is no doggy in range. Sorry for the confusion.

I put some time into this yesterday. I even poured over the manual. I'm pretty bad at this game. My goal was to break 1K.... achieved!?

Whoops, my bad. That's funny. You're obviously going after the illustrious invisi-steer. It's point value is quite high.

• Haha 3

Not sure if I have the time or patience to make it through the other skill settings, but I did have fun going through on easy! I can see myself getting into this outside the club tho. I managed to get all the items and boat, axe, and key my way past the barriers, huzzah!

Getting a picture here is hard, I'm not quite sure what I'm looking at. Was I on my last guy? I guess this gets me a point for participation if nothing else.

Skill Level 1, 1 dude remaining?

dd-clm-lvl1.thumb.JPG.db920abde1c0661ce1d2dd084ba23fb1.JPG

• Like 2

My Stampede Update: Finally had the complete game I've been waiting for.... ?

My personal goal was 7,500 so now that has been achieved. I would like to get 75,000 in Vectron (I'm now 3k away from that), so I'm almost where I want to be in all the final games. ?

STAMP(8776)S13.thumb.jpg.b75fd8071361a88cc545ece6292bd2f0.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Rickster8 said:

My Stampede Update: Finally had the complete game I've been waiting for.... ?

My personal goal was 7,500 so now that has been achieved. I would like to get 75,000 in Vectron (I'm now 3k away from that), so I'm almost where I want to be in all the final games. ?

There ya go, nice score!  I give you tons credit for plugging away at all of these games to get higher scores each time. Awesome job Rick!!

Edited by IntyFanMatt
  • Thanks 1

Quick Stampede Scoring Update (Updated thru post #69)

18,183 - IntyFanMatt [+2 set new record][+2 Patch Bonus]

12,693 - Biffman [+2 Patch Bonus]

8,776 - Rickster8 [+2 Patch Bonus]

3,644 - Ace24 [+2 Patch Bonus]

3,536 - popsicle [+2 Patch Bonus]

2,541 - fakecortex

2,022 - roadrunner

1,363 - Player One

• Like 2

Controlling this game is a challenge. Running hurts my fingers, and making sure I run away from an enemy in order to shoot before it kills me is a bit stressful. Add in not being able to run and gun at the same time, woof. Part of the charm of these games, of course, is playing with the original hardware, but there are times like this that it's not helping. Maybe I'll try on emu for the heck of it.

I am enjoying the game tho! Was able to beat skill level 2 with 2 guys left. No luck on skill 3 yet so far. 

Skill 2 (Medium, Blue Mountain) w/2 lives left

dd-cm-lvl2-2lives.thumb.JPG.cafbe1b83ecfd3147d3509df8b816a65.JPG

Anyone else having a weird glitch where your player shoots arrows when you run and you are most definitely not touching any keypad buttons? This is not so good when you are trying to find arrows and the game decides to waste em on ya.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, fakecortex said:

Controlling this game is a challenge. Running hurts my fingers, and making sure I run away from an enemy in order to shoot before it kills me is a bit stressful. Add in not being able to run and gun at the same time, woof. Part of the charm of these games, of course, is playing with the original hardware, but there are times like this that it's not helping. Maybe I'll try on emu for the heck of it.

I am enjoying the game tho! Was able to beat skill level 2 with 2 guys left. No luck on skill 3 yet so far. 

Skill 2 (Medium, Blue Mountain) w/2 lives left

Anyone else having a weird glitch where your player shoots arrows when you run and you are most definitely not touching any keypad buttons? This is not so good when you are trying to find arrows and the game decides to waste em on ya.

That's a common problem with intellivision controller hardware.  An incomplete side button press combined with a disc direction can inadvertently cause a keypad signal.

In the hardest difficulty the monsters are too fast to outrun.  You have to use clues to kill the monsters without seeing them.  The run button is just used to quickly backtrack through the maze.

• Thanks 1