IGNORED

Intellivision HSC - Season 13 FINALE - Game 19 - Stampede + D&D Cloudy Mountain Bonus

1 hour ago, fakecortex said:

In honor of this round, here's a sweet shirt that ya'll may have seen...

https://www.intellivisionamico.com/shop/intellivision-cloudy-mountain-short-sleeve-unisex-t-shirt

And here's a 20% off store code, good through 12/3 at midnight pst, that I got in an email (which you guys may have seen as well, lol): AMICO20

Thanks very much! I’m actually buying the shirt that has only the running man logo on it. Thanks for the code!!!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, IntyFanMatt said:

Thanks very much! I’m actually buying the shirt that has only the running man logo on it. Thanks for the code!!!

np man :) I forgot about shipping, of course, so the code ended up covering that for me, haha. I like the D&D shirt, and would be fun to wear to actual D&D, but I passed and decided to go with the baseball one for my bro. Yerrrrrr out.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, fakecortex said:

np man :) I forgot about shipping, of course, so the code ended up covering that for me, haha. I like the D&D shirt, and would be fun to wear to actual D&D, but I passed and decided to go with the baseball one for my bro. Yerrrrrr out.

Yeah the code covered the shipping for me as well, LOL. But unfortunately the shirt I ordered is out of stock and I got an email from customer service asking me if I wanted a different one. I think I might wind up canceling the order and waiting for the one that I wanted to come back in stock. Bummer!

• Sad 1

My 'ALMOST' FINAL Stampede Update: Yeah I'm more than good with this score as I NEVER thought I'd ever get over 10k on this one. I mean a month ago I could barely even get 1,000. ?

STAMP(10388)S13.jpg.7370404dcd46cc25c26affeeb8292c24.jpg

Edited by Rickster8
Wording
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, popsicle said:

Can't quite figure out how to get over the hump. I try to play 2 'lines' and bump slow cows in the other two. Am I on the right track here? Of course, I have no earthly idea how 300k points can be scored in Maze-A-Tron either. 

It would be easier to play with one line at a time and refresh the other lines when you can, but you are on the right track.

As for Maze A Tron...I stay far away from that one.

Edited by IntyFanMatt
  • Haha 1

On 11/26/2020 at 10:29 PM, Ace24 said:

Purple level won. Two men left. Should have had a perfect game. Went into the cloudy mountain twice with three men and lost one each time.

B6620E2B-0C25-4C38-BC74-C8FD2D2AFC32.jpeg

I had another game where I entered Cloudy Mountain with 3 men. This time I lost them all!  I’m guess I’m off my 80s level ability on this game. Purple level is a real challenge!

• Like 2

Ok, starting to get into a rhythm. This is exactly why I like these high score competitions - as a youth I didn't give this game the attention it deserved. There's more strategy here than just at first glance. Another game I thought was a lame Space Invaders knock off when I saw it at a drug store in the early 80's was Astro Invader (known as Kamizake in Japan). I'm reminded of it now because it's another where I can get into a flow state and just tune everything else out. Great fun!

PXL_20201129_014916873.jpg

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, popsicle said:

Ok, starting to get into a rhythm. This is exactly why I like these high score competitions - as a youth I didn't give this game the attention it deserved. There's more strategy here than just at first glance. Another game I thought was a lame Space Invaders knock off when I saw it at a drug store in the early 80's was Astro Invader (known as Kamizake in Japan). I'm reminded of it now because it's another where I can get into a flow state and just tune everything else out. Great fun!

Nice!  Very solid score there. And I agree, some of these games seem so simple and mindless at first, but when you dive deeper into them there is actual strategy there which the developers intended. I think as kids we didn’t realize this, and it’s very cool to dive back into these games as an adult and realize how much more strategy is involved in these classic games. Love it!

Edited by IntyFanMatt
  • Like 1

Quick Stampede Scoring Update (Updated thru post #104)

22,754 - IntyFanMatt [+2 set new record][+2 Patch Bonus]

22,648 - JacobZu7zu7 [+1 broke old record][+2 Patch Bonus]

12,693 - Biffman [+2 Patch Bonus]

12,685 - popsicle [+2 Patch Bonus]

11,139 - Rickster8 [+2 Patch Bonus]

3,644 - Ace24 [+2 Patch Bonus]

2,983 - fakecortex

2,022 - roadrunner

1,363 - Player One

Edited by Rickster8
Added in another score.
  • Like 1