IGNORED

Sierra's Space Quest on the TI!

Vorticon

13 minutes ago, goldmarty said:

Yes, you are right. I use an older version of classic99 from 2011. It would be nice to get an hint about a newer version w/o the keyboard bug.

I tested the game also with win994a. And it runs fine on my original TI and ramdisk. With 5 1/4'' disks patience is needed.

Files _H are ascii header files for the images. File _H just give number of pixel and filename of pattern table (_P) and color table (_C) of the image.

Should be no problem to view it with TI99Dir or modify it with any ascii editor.

@goldmarty you can always get the latest classic99 at http://www.harmlesslion.com/cgi-bin/onesoft.cgi?1

• Like 2

7 hours ago, goldmarty said:

Yes, you are right. I use an older version of classic99 from 2011. It would be nice to get an hint about a newer version w/o the keyboard bug.

I tested the game also with win994a. And it runs fine on my original TI and ramdisk. With 5 1/4'' disks patience is needed.

Same place as it was in 2011! :) http://harmlesslion.com/software/classic99

I don't move things around very often. ;) I did move the source to github though...

• Like 1

Wow, this looks good on the TI-99/4A, very cool!

I have only seen 2 screens so far!

But going to play this with my kid and is just in time as

we just read these interactive books:

https://archive.org/details/tibook_micro-adventure-one-space-attack

* (and typing the TI-99/4A programs to solve the encrypted messages, codes, etc.)

(and this site related to it is also interesting with a build in emulator:

https://auri-microadventure.azurewebsites.net/)

It comes in time to visualise the space ship!

(for reference only i did a search on Space Quest I as well to see how it looked on the PC):

* Dosbox - https://classicreload.com/space-quest-i-roger-wilco-in-the-sarien-encounter.html

* (is this PC?) http://sarien.net/spacequest

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Asmusr said:

Did anyone but me complete the game? Did anyone have issues loading saved games? Is there a problem with the disk images (as mentioned earlier) that should be 

Loading saved games is a little confusing. The game variables are loaded, but NOT your location. Also, if any room had changes in it graphically, they will only show up if you exit then re-enter the room. I have yet to finish the game!

• Like 1

On 11/27/2020 at 3:16 PM, Asmusr said:

Is there a problem with the disk images (as mentioned earlier) that should be resolved?

Yes, there are problems with DV80 file descriptor information; someone with a bit more savvy could probably write a script to fix the reversed offset and incorrect EOF pointer within each file.  Sector editing each file on the disk would be another option.  If the author has the files in a format that could be re-created with more recent software to address the root cause of the problem, that would be the best solution IMHO.   (and just to clarify - I was able to use the images as-is but transferring individual files can be problematic).

1 hour ago, budz2355 said:

What's the best way to get this to my TI?   I still havent fixed my lantronix, but I do have FG99, 5.25", 3.5" and ramdisk.   Is anyone selling physical copies?

At this point, the best options for real hardware are either a NanoPEB/CF7+ or a TIPI. Do you have a modem or a WiModem? One option would be to put up the disk images on the Hidden Reef BBS or The Keep BBS and you can download them straight to your RAM disk unless you have drives with 360K capacity.

2 hours ago, budz2355 said:

What's the best way to get this to my TI?   I still havent fixed my lantronix, but I do have FG99, 5.25", 3.5" and ramdisk.   Is anyone selling physical copies?

If you get befuddled getting this over, PM me and I can make the disks for you.

• 1 month later...

another tip:

copy the SQISAV file to the different parts, e.g. DSK7 Part2 and DSK8 as Part3.

So you may save your entry point to the correct scenes and start it there correctly.

In the last scene (the escape pod) using the right words in the right order it works perfectly although the time limit is short...

I just managed it using an original TI Hardware with RamdDIsk.

• Like 2

• 8 months later...
On 11/27/2020 at 3:16 PM, Asmusr said:

Did anyone but me complete the game? Did anyone have issues loading saved games? Is there a problem with the disk images (as mentioned earlier) that should be resolved?

Could use some help in the final pod.  Seems the only way I can pull the throttle is after I push the do not touch buttons. Any tips appreciated, I must be doing something wrong with the launch sequence?

4 hours ago, budz2355 said:

Could use some help in the final pod.  Seems the only way I can pull the throttle is after I push the do not touch buttons. Any tips appreciated, I must be doing something wrong with the launch sequence?

Spoiler

Make sure you remember to “wear seatbelt”. “Close door” and “push power button”.

Edited by Asmusr
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Asmusr said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Make sure you remember to “wear seatbelt”. “Close door” and “push power button”.

Hey Rasmus,

Thanks for the reply. 

Spoiler

I had actually done all this already. I'm in the cockpit and push the little button to turn on the computer, but I cant pull the lever unless I touch dont touch buttons. Do I need to enter something into the little computer launch sequence parser thing?

• 2 years later...

Has any ever beat this?  Because it is WAYYY more complicated than what is said above.  There is a whole sequence with a cursor moving around and clicking on hitting things moving the cursor icons and enter keys and typing in some commanders in between.  Anyway .... I FINALLY figured it out after ending up in Daventry a few time (iykyk).

Awesome game !!! Hope part 2 is coming :)

20240323_111613.jpg

20240323_112131.jpg

• Like 10