IGNORED

Driver for 24AAXXX EEPPROM mounted on karri's carts

Nop90

Hi - just quickly checking your last driver code:

Shouldn't IO_CHANGECLOCK just do a single STZ RCART0 instead of two?

From your comments further down it seems you want this macro to change the A1 line from low to high (or vice versa).

In its current form, doesn't this macro do high-low-high or low-high-low?

EDIT:

Oh - my bad. It's A1 not A0. Therefore two STZ seem right.

Edited by MichelS

2 hours ago, MichelS said:

Oh - my bad. It's A1 not A0. Therefore two STZ seem right.

Yes, I read in a post of the original designer that for an unknow reason the A0 line was not working for the EEPROM clock signal, so it was moved to A1 requiring two reads to RCART0.

Thank you for checking the code, if you find any bug or have hints let me know, I'm quite new to 6502 ASM coding.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Nop90 said:

@karri could you send me the code you used to test the eeprom witht the programmer?

Sure. It is on my work laptop. I try to send it soon. Now I am completely stuck with my keyboard that refuses to show up on my other laptop to get the background music for my game done.

Here is the code. This seems to be able to read a 64k cart using the HAT programmer.

So I just put it in lynx/contrib/blankcart/programmer/src

readeeprom64k.c

And added it to the Makefile

Makefile

PS. Sorry for not being able to put more effort into this. My other hobbies are a bit time consuming right now...

I need a new hot air soldering station, so I had to solder the Flash chip and the Eeprom chip with my soldering iron and worst of all had to carve the plastic shell (I hate carving plastic) but now I have my cart with a 64KB eeprom ?

cart.thumb.jpg.4e0c0867980efe72ddc1a0647b6d991c.jpg

I tested the cart with the programmer pi hat and both chips seems to ok. Now it's time to make the eeprom work on the lynx.

The pink shell is one ot the early test made from @Igor, when I bought the pi hat he sent me as a gift a bunch of not refined shells. I think pink a is a good color to distinguish this cart from all my others. ?

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Nop90 said:

I'm comparing my code with this example for driving a I2C interface with a 65C02. I hope to find the issue.

I hope you can get it to work. Having 64k read/write memory on a Lynx would be pretty cool. The EOTB had 16k. I am not aware of any other games using more than 128 bytes of R/W memory.

14 minutes ago, 5-11under said:

I'm curious... is the new chip radically different from the other chip? Or is just a longer bit stream required?

It has some better access modes. You can enter an address and read lots of bytes instead of having to increment the address by yourself.