IGNORED

PlusCart webstore opens soon

Al_Nafuur

I have seen @Osgeld's webstore at www.freewebstore.com.

I think it is a very good idea for the sale of the different variants of the PlusCart, so I have setup a free webshop for the PlusCart at:

https://pluscart.onlineweb.shop/

The shop and the products are not yet fully configured and currently all products are marked as "sold out". The prices of the different variants are mainly the manufacturing costs.

I am planning to start the sale of the next (last) 50 PlusCarts and DIY kits, as soon as the 3D printed shells are produced (probably by the end of November).

If anyone has further questions or suggestions to the store or sale, feel free to post here in this thread, or PM me.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Bomberman94 said:

Great - looks very tidy and clear. Maybe you should add things like coffe mugs as there will be some (fan) demand.?

Maybe a teepublic shop for the Merchandising products.

• 4 months later...

I ordered the missing parts from craftcloud3d.com and got this:

IMG_20210322_101451.thumb.jpg.845c2344428ecc9dbccee9b24d1c948e.jpg

After I complained about the poor quality, I was offered a new print. I am still waiting for the result.

Otherwise, I have already bought a few weeks ago my own 3D printer, but this is not even unpacked for lack of time.

• Sad 1

51 minutes ago, Al_Nafuur said:

After I complained about the poor quality, I was offered a new print. I am still waiting for the result.

Otherwise, I have already bought a few weeks ago my own 3D printer, but this is not even unpacked for lack of time.

Wow that's some bad print quality! 

15 hours ago, Al_Nafuur said:

Those look like they were printed with layer height 0.4 or worse.

Maybe I should start printing cart shells for sale.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Andrew Davie said:

To be fair, I looked at mine at high magnification and they didn't look that much better.

Yours may look like this at high magnification, the ones I was supplied with already look like this without.

But it is not only the way they look like, it's also that they are not 2.8mm at all. I checked them with the caliper and the parts have 3.3 mm because of the grooves.

5 minutes ago, Al_Nafuur said:

Yours may look like this at high magnification, the ones I was supplied with already look like this without.

But it is not only the way they look like, it's also that they are not 2.8mm at all. I checked them with the caliper and the parts have 3.3 mm because of the grooves.

Well, I'm not so sure the number on them corresponds to the actual dimensions.

As the shell has undergone much refinement and I'm not sure which version you have - its' quite possible the size isn't 2.8. Calipers won't give you the answer. Best way to tell would be to put the STL file alongside a 2.8mm cube in a 3D package and compare that way.

I'm just not convinced a printing error would cause anything near a 0.5 mm error in dimension.

I think it's the number (2.8) isn't correctly identifying actual side (on your particular version of the shell STL files).

Send me the STL and I could confirm actual size for you, if you don't know how to do it yourself.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Andrew Davie said:

Send me the STL and I could confirm actual size for you, if you don't know how to do it yourself.

the STL file was the one @Fierodoug5 used to print the missing PINs for the unfinished 3D shells I sent him. I assume that the ones he has printed have fit well with these shells. But the ones I got from craftcloud3d.com doesn't fit at all.

plus20201123_PINSv5@2.8.stl

19 hours ago, Al_Nafuur said:

the STL file was the one @Fierodoug5 used to print the missing PINs for the unfinished 3D shells I sent him. I assume that the ones he has printed have fit well with these shells. But the ones I got from craftcloud3d.com doesn't fit at all.

plus20201123_PINSv5@2.8.stl 4.06 MB · 0 downloads

OK, confirming that the STL "2.8" is actually 2.8 mm in real-world size.

I took the STL and imported it, then I created two 2.8 mm wide "cubes" and positioned them so I could compare the widths.

Video shows it clearly; that STL should print so when measured with the calipers the result is "2.8".

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Al_Nafuur said:

Reprint has just arrived and they look much better and also fit better, but I still need (too?) much force to press the shells together

They are designed to be quite hard to press in; generally I seat them by hand just a little bit, then put one end against the edge of a desk and push in that way.  In other words, I press the whole shell case against the pin, with the tip of the pin against the desk edge. They're practically impossible to remove without pliers and possible pin damage. This keeps the cartridge firmly shut.  Generally shutting the cartridge I can get it mostly shut by putting it on a desk and pressing the top shell down, but if it's really a snug fit, then I have to give the whole thing a bit of a thump with my fist to get the final bit (the lips) to seat properly.  The whole idea, after all, is to have a cartridge that won't come apart easily.

... also, sometimes in printing the very bottom layer (on the print surface) can form a bit of what's called "elephant's foot". Because the filament squashes down onto the bed, the result is that the width is a bit thicker there. You can fix this by just scraping along the edges of the bottom of the print with a razor blade held across-ways.  That can often make a big difference to the fit.

• Like 1