IGNORED

Missing Account

DocRobot

Question

So, I went to sign in to my account yesterday to find that it had, in its entirety, been deleted. An account I've had here for years. My account, my posting history, all gone. Funnily enough, it allowed me to remake my account under my old username, but my history here is effectively erased. I'd like to know why and what could possibly be done to remedy this. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

-Rob

17 answers to this question

Rob,

When was the last time you used the account?  Was the username exactly the same as the new account you created today?  The account wasn't deleted in recent history, and generally the only accounts that are outright removed are spammers, and sometimes duplicate accounts that haven't been approved yet.  I looked through the Admin and Moderator logs (which go back to 2005, which is when we started running this forum software), and there's not a single reference to a "DocRobot" account in them.

Search for "DocRobot" in Admin logs:

image.png

Search for "DocRobot" in Moderator logs:

image.png

These logs are never deleted, and there are over 7,000 pages of moderator logs alone.  Also, I am the only person who can delete accounts.  It's always possible some type of bug removed the account, but the posting history would still remain unless that was intentionally removed.  If you remember specific threads you posted in, we can see if those posts are still there.  Again, I'm the only person who could remove another user's content in bulk fashion, and any such actions would show up in the logs.

The forum went through a significant upgrade in June of last year, but I am not aware of any members or content that was removed as a result of that upgrade (I surely would have heard about it by now). 

Any additional information you can provide will be helpful.

Thanks,

..Al

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Albert said:

Any additional information you can provide will be helpful.

Thanks,

..Al

Al, I appreciate you reaching out to me to help, but looking into this further the mistake was all mine. Mostly my inability to feed data into my new password manager correctly. As you can see, I found myself (literally, not metaphorically. Virtually?) and as such am in no further need of help. At least not with forum accounts, at any rate.

Thanks again,

..Rob

3 hours ago, roadrunner said:

all time post leaders

You can find the top 48 here:

https://atariage.com/forums/topmembers/?filter=forums_Topic_Post

I'm not sure a full member list is desired/available, and honestly most of those who barely or never posted probably only came here for a short while. I'd be rather surprised if there are regular lurkers who keep reading the forum for years upon years but never post anything themselves, in particular as the majority of the on-topic forums are visible for guests as well.

3 hours ago, roadrunner said:

Is there any members who never made a post in 10 or more years?
I can't find the atariage member list or all time post leaders.

There are many people who sign up and never actually post.  Some just create an account so they can keep up with threads and be notified when there are new responses, as well as for using the PM system.

The member list was removed in the last major revision of the software (we we upgraded to last summer).   There is a post leaders link, though, which carlsson linked to.

..Al

7 minutes ago, carlsson said:

I'd be rather surprised if there are regular lurkers who keep reading the forum for years upon years but never post anything themselves, in particular as the majority of the on-topic forums are visible for guests as well.

It is common for people to create a forum account to keep tabs on threads and get notifications when there are new posts, as well as for using the PM system.  All the "on-topic" forums are visible to guests, it's just the off-topic forums that can only be viewed when logged in.

..Al

7 hours ago, carlsson said:

You can find the top 48 here:

https://atariage.com/forums/topmembers/?filter=forums_Topic_Post

I'm not sure a full member list is desired/available, and honestly most of those who barely or never posted probably only came here for a short while. I'd be rather surprised if there are regular lurkers who keep reading the forum for years upon years but never post anything themselves, in particular as the majority of the on-topic forums are visible for guests as well.

Thanks

7 hours ago, Albert said:

There are many people who sign up and never actually post.  Some just create an account so they can keep up with threads and be notified when there are new responses, as well as for using the PM system.

The member list was removed in the last major revision of the software (we we upgraded to last summer).   There is a post leaders link, though, which carlsson linked to.

..Al

Interesting
That's why i couldn't find it, thanks