IGNORED

Lunar Mission 2

Retrospect

mission classic.zip

This is nothing official, just a fun hack .... Lunar Mission Classic .... uses original Lunar Rescue graphics and sound, and it's all black & white.  

I believe the original machine from 1979 used black and white graphics with a colour overlay for the screen, course this meant that as you go down the screen your ship would change colour!  

To do: Write Lunar Mission 2 manual.  

• Like 6

classic 2.zip

Thankyou!  Here's another version of the Classic theme of Lunar Mission - this one has a bonus screen at the end of every level, where the player shoots a UFO that gets smaller and bounces the opposite direction, scoring points for the player with each hit.  Sounds familiar? Yes I got the idea straight from TI Invaders! ;)

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, ti99iuc said:

Hey @Retrospect, it is nice the classic too!  I am sorry, I had not seen it before, just now realized ?
Now we have something similar to a SAGA ? 

LMCollection-32K-8.bin LMCollection-32K-8.rpk

Awww Maaaan, now I gotta open up the cart and re-burn!  (Actually that's not a problem, just kidding)  

So, Ciro... is there and updated label for this too?  I'll wait for an answer, because I don't want to make a video that's already out-of-date.

• Haha 2

Has anyone managed to get all of the shots fired at the bonus saucer yet?  It is as yet an untested part of the game, as I can't hit the saucer everytime! ?

I can hit it twice and then miss every time.  It's a tricky bugger, when you hit it, it bounces the other way but it's speed increments by a factor of two each time.

• Like 1

Hi guys.

Regarding my original Lunar Mission 1 .... I don't remember it being so slow!  I tried to play it yesterday when I downloaded Ciro's multi-cart bin file.  What was I thinking releasing something so steady-going?  By the time my lunar shuttle reached the bottom of the screen it was time to go to bed!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 11/26/2020 at 9:07 AM, arcadeshopper said:

32k memory required, 8 = non inverted..

That sounds logical, but in the past, the size shown has also been associated with the size of the .BIN image.

For instance:    Example #1:  << CLICK HERE >>

Example #2:  << CLICK HERE >> 

Since the posted image size was 128K, not 32K, in piqued my interest.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Omega-TI said:

That sounds logical, but in the past, the size shown has also been associated with the size of the .BIN image.

For instance:    Example #1:  << CLICK HERE >>

Example #2:  << CLICK HERE >> 

That was to distinguish them from the other files with the same name. I don't think that should be the standard.

• Like 1

On 11/24/2020 at 9:02 AM, Omega-TI said:

I highly recommend this program for anyone with a burner like the MiniPRO.  I may have to buy a couple more UberGROM's this coming January.

Couldn't wait, just bought two more from Ksarul... Merry Christmas to myself. 

Request links for three things: the software, the burner (MiniPro), and finally the UberGROMs. Is there a Ksarul store?

@Airshack Per your request sir!

First, the program you requested to join the programs was originally posted by @arcadeshopper in message # 9, but the software link is << HERE >>.

Second, the link to a MiniPro starter kit is:  << HERE >> The burning software comes with the MiniPRO on a mini CD.

Third, send @Ksarul a PM, if he has any he'll probably send you some.  Please don't hog them all though ? I have every intention of trying to get a couple more later!

• Thanks 1