IGNORED

Lunar Mission 2

Retrospect

On 11/18/2020 at 9:17 AM, Retrospect said:

Here's Lunar Mission 2 

I just really had a blast playing this game today! All the different versions were enjoyable. Great images and boy are those sounds and the music so arcade-y. Excellent work @Retrospect. It's great to see Harry's compiler being used to speed things up in XB. Imagine if the compiler had shipped with the XB cart. IMHO the compiler finally unleashes the gaming potential of XB which is akin to fulfilling a 40 year promise.

So great how you guys managed to assemble the different versions into a single .bin image. Motivates me to build multiple versions of my next game. This approach can be used to build tutorial/training versions of a game or game segment.

BRAVO!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 12/14/2020 at 4:37 PM, Airshack said:

I just really had a blast playing this game today! All the different versions were enjoyable. Great images and boy are those sounds and the music so arcade-y. Excellent work @Retrospect. It's great to see Harry's compiler being used to speed things up in XB. Imagine if the compiler had shipped with the XB cart. IMHO the compiler finally unleashes the gaming potential of XB which is akin to fulfilling a 40 year promise.

So great how you guys managed to assemble the different versions into a single .bin image. Motivates me to build multiple versions of my next game. This approach can be used to build tutorial/training versions of a game or game segment.

BRAVO!

Hey thanks Airshack :)

Yeah the compiler's fantastic.  It enables us to actually create all the games we can think of; rather than with just normal XB we'd be thinking "wait,  I can't do this because it's not going to execute fast enough" ;)

• Like 2

On 12/14/2020 at 8:37 AM, Airshack said:

I just really had a blast playing this game today! All the different versions were enjoyable.

So great how you guys managed to assemble the different versions into a single .bin image.

I like the entire "Lunar Collection" being in one image.  

1236321484_PhotoLunarCollection.thumb.png.bce16e8b539b6767a09b1c7225bc0e8f.png

Yeah, I'm eventually going to have to get off my azz and learn how to make a multiple game image.

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

lunar rescue.zip

Here's one I made around the time the other games were done, but didn't release it as it's a bit cheeky and has the "Lunar Rescue" title and even "Taito" !
I thought I may as well release it.   

To note;  this version has slightly different sound, and makes some use of the Speech.  There's also an attract-screen.  If you wait a few seconds when the title screen appears you'll see it.  

When the game starts the voice says "Press joystick one" , if you get a high score it says "Good going".   (This will happen after your first game no matter how badly or good you do!) ... when the game is over it states "The game's over".  Annoyingly, the speech list contains the word "GAMES" and not "GAME".  I cannot fathom why they decided that.  Anyhow, enjoy.

The zip file contains the three files you'll need for EA5 and one file for running in X-Basic.  

Edited by Retrospect
  • Like 2