IGNORED

Oddysey games?

Thunderbird98

33 minutes ago, Thunderbird98 said:

I bought a boxed Oddysey 2 off of craigslist earlier this year for $25. It came with speedway/spinout/crypto-logic but I bought 3 more games(blockout, kc munchkin, and attack of the timelord.) What are some recommended games to buy for this system?

Speedway / Spin-Out / Crypto Logic was a pack-in title, so good to see it included.

K.C.'s Krazy Chase is pretty good.  Ditto Monkeyshines, Pick-Axe Pete, and Invaders from Hyperspace.  Everyone will have their own opinions, however.

BTW: since you already have Attack of the Timelord, you may want to consider picking up The Voice, the O2's speech synthesis module.  That game was compatible with it as well as a few others.

Also, take a look at the O2 233-in-1 Multicart.  That will probably keep you occupied for a while ?

Edited by x=usr(1536)
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, cjherr said:

There is a new O2/Videopac uSD cart (actually just a board with no case), that was released little bit ago. I picked one up, and I'm very pleased with it. You might want to check it out.

http://videopac.nl/forum/index.php?topic=3291.0

Thanks for the heads-up on that; I had no idea it even existed, and it's pretty much exactly what I've been looking for for the O2.

Any idea if they've opened up to retail sale, or if it's a case of getting on the list for each new batch?  I'm not totally clear as to what's going on from going through the thread.

I did buy the multicart from Packrat which is very good but not an sd card one, I might ask about that one as well. 

To answer the original question, generally the later the number the better the game from the European numbering system. There is only really 3 games that doesn't run on a g7000/odyssey2, and they are super expensive anyway. 

If you do get hold of a multicart or sd device, try air battle (not to be confused with the combat clone air-sea battle), turtles, neutron star and looney balloon which might have all been European exclusives. 

A lot of the earlier games is Multiplayer so just be mindful of that if you generally play alone. A number of games however can be played single player.

• Like 1

I'd also recommend the O2 233-in-1 Multicart, although Packrat usually has a long backlog of orders - it could take months.

As for games I would recommend:  

Both of the K.C. games, Attack of the Timelord, Killer Bees, Pick Axe Pete, Showdown in 2100 A.D.

Golf and U.F.O. are my favorite games for the O2 and are common and cheap to buy.

Turtles is another great maze game, but it is not common and can be quite pricey.  Maybe save up and get the Multicart.

On 11/18/2020 at 11:57 AM, Thunderbird98 said:

I bought a boxed Oddysey 2 off of craigslist earlier this year for $25. It came with speedway/spinout/crypto-logic but I bought 3 more games(blockout, kc munchkin, and attack of the timelord.) What are some recommended games to buy for this system?

IMHO, Turtles and Killer Bees are cream of the crop for the O2. The Voice module does add a bit of something to both.

• Like 1

On 11/18/2020 at 4:44 PM, x=usr(1536) said:

Thanks for the heads-up on that; I had no idea it even existed, and it's pretty much exactly what I've been looking for for the O2.

Any idea if they've opened up to retail sale, or if it's a case of getting on the list for each new batch?  I'm not totally clear as to what's going on from going through the thread.

I’m believing it’s get on the list, but I’m not sure. You can message wilco2009 on the videopac.nl forum and see what the status is. I know he’s gotten a lot of interest. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/20/2020 at 8:59 AM, wilco2009 said:

Hi everyone!

I still having components and boards to assembly more uSD carts if you are interested.

The price still being 45€ + shipping.

Don't know how I missed this on videopac.nl.  I'll take one (no microSD card needed).  How do I pay?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 11/28/2020 at 11:24 AM, jimj said:

Don't know how I missed this on videopac.nl.  I'll take one (no microSD card needed).  How do I pay?

Just got my cart today, it works great.  I'm using it with an old 4 GB uSD card that came installed in a NN3DS system.

16 hours ago, Airshack said:

Is there a users manual online somewhere? I received mine yet it's confusing me. Six switches and I don't know what they do?

Assuming you've got the files on the zip card ok you should be able to just plug it in, turn on your O2 and it loads the game selection menu.

So far I've only used the ROMs that are included in its zip file, I haven't tried loading my own ROMs yet.  It's not clear to me if I need to edit the ini file manually to make new ROMs playable or if that will get built automatically.

2 minutes ago, jimj said:

Assuming you've got the files on the zip card ok you should be able to just plug it in, turn on your O2 and it loads the game selection menu.

So far I've only used the ROMs that are included in its zip file, I haven't tried loading my own ROMs yet.  It's not clear to me if I need to edit the ini file manually to make new ROMs playable or if that will get built automatically.

Yes it is not necesary because the autobuild option is active by default (see user manual). If it is not active, after adding the files you have to rebuild the directory from the config menu.

In general it is not necessary to modify "gamelist.ini" in any case. This file is just to add descriptions and to assign special pagination modes.

The file is ready for all the known games.

• Like 2