IGNORED

UniWarS being ported to the 7800

PacManPlus

5 hours ago, PacManPlus said:

Can anyone remove the text from this flyer (except the 'IREM' at the bottom), remove the cocktail cabinet picture, and move the game logo down (to make space for the 'Atari 7800' header)?  I tried, but you can see where I modified it.

I'd like to use this for the cart artwork:

If so, thank you :)

Bob

I was able to find a higher resolution version of the artwork here and did a bunch of work to remove everything except for the title. Taking/moving the title down would take a graphic artist to recreate the missing pieces of the ship hidden by the letters so what I did was create more space above the game name for adding in Atari 7800. I'm not terribly happy with the top right of the ship I have to create from nothing as it's a bit of a mess so I'm sure someone else could do a better job but this shows what can be done.

- James

EDIT: Hahah, nevermind, after I posted mine it looks like you were able to get one done in the meantime. Great job!

1033491966_UniWarSPoster-Updated.thumb.png.dde24266e9f81962332e7d0fb0fd6bb6.png

Edited by ZeroPage Homebrew
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 11/18/2020 at 5:36 PM, PacManPlus said:

Hi guys:

I happened to see this arcade game being played on ArcadeUSA (a channel I subscribe to in youtube), and I remembered the game from back in the day.  I thought it would be a quick, cool port to do so I started it.

The attract mode and option screen are the only thing done so far, but I don't expect this one to take very long.

UniWarS_00.png

UniWarS_01.png

UniWarS_02.png

UniWarS_03.png

UniWarS_04.png

UniWarS_10.png

I'm also subscribed to Arcade USA and saw the video, I'm interested in a physical cartridge release, so please lmk?

5 hours ago, Bencowboy said:

I'm also subscribed to Arcade USA and saw the video, I'm interested in a physical cartridge release, so please lmk?

Hopefully it will be in the store soon...  I just finished the label art, need to do the manual first. :)

Thank you!

Edited by PacManPlus
Added quote
  • Like 3

On 1/30/2021 at 4:18 PM, PacManPlus said:

Thank you James - I may re-work my label with that one.  I like it better than what I did:

Pic.thumb.png.b5b9c60b07768f5dcd939c4dae149640.png

There's only one thing that bugs me about that label (other than the dirty case, which I did try to clean, BTW): too much empty space in the middle of the picture while the text is over the objects themselves.

@Atariboy2600 - Where are you?  :D 

Edited by PacManPlus
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, PacManPlus said:

There's only one thing that bugs me about that label (other than the dirty case, which I did try to clean, BTW): too much empty space in the middle of the picture while the text is over the objects themselves.

@Atariboy2600 - Where are you?  :D 

I kinda like it - it's slightly reminiscent of bootleg cartridges.

Then again, I have a weird affinity for bootlegs, knockoffs, and oddities, so my judgement may be suspect to begin with :D

• Like 3

1 hour ago, PacManPlus said:

I think I got it.

I took a combination of James' and mine, moved some things around and got this:

image.thumb.png.37676bed1d6a2592e1089e3c7567b144.png

Obviously the 'Atari 7800 Video Game Cartridge' goes above the UniWarS logo, and I think the text will be in the bottom left in 'space'.

:)

so my friend...now count me in for a cart ?

• Like 3