IGNORED

Mr Do! 's Wild Ride

lucifershalo

CollectorVision has had this in a list of to-dos for years since the original unfinished port was given up on. They were planning a redo/improvement if all the graphics as well, which J-F has shared pics of.

Someone needs to talk to Sean Kelly about the DK 5th screen pic(s) that he acquired from Jaquays and has been sitting in for years.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, NIAD said:

CollectorVision has had this in a list of to-dos for years since the original unfinished port was given up on. They were planning a redo/improvement if all the graphics as well, which J-F has shared pics of.

Someone needs to talk to Sean Kelly about the DK 5th screen pic(s) that he acquired from Jaquays and has been sitting in for years.

That's right

It's funny cause I've found back the graphics about a year ago (I thought they were forever lost) 
The graphics were made by Pixelboy and myself back in 2009 (yeah, I know.... ) 
I'm definitely planning to get this game made, soon.

Image27.png

• Like 9

11 hours ago, Neogeoman said:

This game absolutely deserves a physical release,  a very underrated and fun game that never got the release it deserved 

Another one that deserves a release is Do Run Run. The MSX version (known as Super Pierrot) is surprisingly well done when compared to the arcade game, so a port of that version would be a good addition to the ColecoVision library.  :)

• Like 4

Mr. Do's Wild Ride and Super Pierrot are Very well made on the MSX and would make great conversions.

Mr. Do and Mr. Do vs Unicorns no so much..

The new Mr. Do's Wild Ride sprites look Excellent.

I remember seeing a old post here somewhere about a Mr. Do collection from Collectorvision that was being made.  Is this still in the works?  I've always wanted a better version of Mr. Do for the Colecovision.

• Like 1

On 11/19/2020 at 6:51 PM, retroillucid said:

That's right

It's funny cause I've found back the graphics about a year ago (I thought they were forever lost) 

Image27.png

The right screenshot is so gorgeous!  Would definitely purchase Wild Ride to go with my copies of Mr Do! and Mr. Do!'s Castle.

Oops, just realized the right screenshot must be the arcade original.  Buuuuuuut, now the Phoenix is out, there's a great opportunity for a more arcade accurate Phoenix mode for the release.  I think Opcode are planning to do that for their future arcade ports and seeing as the Phoenix is from Collectorvision, I hope they plan to do the same with their future releases.

Edited by insertclevernamehere
Incorrect assumption

On 11/21/2020 at 9:41 AM, Pixelboy said:

Another one that deserves a release is Do Run Run. The MSX version (known as Super Pierrot) is surprisingly well done when compared to the arcade game, so a port of that version would be a good addition to the ColecoVision library.  :)

Do Run Run...I never heard of it but you got my attention I'm going to go check it out now. The good times keep coming!

On 11/23/2020 at 11:18 PM, Pixelboy said:

Here's a video of MSX Super Pierrot in action. The music and sound effects alone are great.  :)

Wow! Just finished watching the gameplay video and I'm blown away. The music and sound effects are simply amazing, transports you right to the arcade. The graphics are bright and colorful with a silky smooth framerate. Where has this game been all my life lol?? Here's hoping either this game, wild ride or both find their way to the Colecovision. They would be two stellar rock solid additions

• 5 months later...
On 11/19/2020 at 6:51 PM, retroillucid said:

That's right

Image27.png

Such a great game and your Graphics look amazing.