IGNORED

Broken Part. Atari. Help.

Blues76

Hi,

I'm not sure what this is. I have a box with all my mods and I just broke this (pinch it with my finger). I haven't had a chance to do anything with my mods but I was putting my retrobox link in it and I screwed this up!

Question:

1) What is it? I think this goes in the expansion port, right?

2) Where can I buy it?

See pictures

b1.jpg

b2.jpg

b3.jpg

Thanks,

Can't you carefully bend the pins back in their original position? Or did one break off?

Edit: 1st picture, looks they are still there. And like ZuluGula said, do you need a replacement of the ECI/CART port for an XE machine right now?

Edited by ivop

3 minutes ago, ivop said:

Can't you carefully bend the pins back in their original position? Or did one break off?

Edit: 1st picture, looks they are still there. And like ZuluGula said, do you need a replacement of the ECI/CART port for an XE machine right now?

I guess I could move the pins but I'm not sure how fragile some of them may be because they are bend it more than I would had like. I will try. I don't need one right now. However, I would like to have one. Are there alternative to the one that I have?

4 minutes ago, Blues76 said:

Are there alternative to the one that I have?

You can always buy a 2x7 angled header and a separate 2x15 angled header.

Edit: it won't have the heightening feet, if that's the correct word, but you can always compensate for it by other means.

Edited by ivop

2 minutes ago, ivop said:

You can always buy a 2x7 angled header and a separate 2x15 angled header.

That seems like one option. Thank you for giving me additional options. I still would like to get this one if I can or something like this. I at least know for sure what it was. Thanks

5 minutes ago, ZuluGula said:

I would say that it takes some high soldering skills to replace it on XE motherboard. I haven't seen them going bad unless you abuse the cartridge port. I would live them for someone who really needs it. Yours can be fixed.

Who really needs this?

I don't understand. If they are not available or only available in small numbers, then I understand. But I'm not sure what you are trying to get with this. That I should not have two or three?

Thanks