IGNORED

Infected downloadables on FujiNet

KPeter

4 minutes ago, DrVenkman said:

The "warning" is typical FUD from antivirus companies. The "URL:Blacklist" just means some knuckleheaded moron or automated bot process has blocked the site for some random reason. It doesn't mean there's actually anything wrong at all.

there are multiple ways to submit URLs to blacklists (i've done this), unfortunately, no way to know which list it is actually on, much less who did it.

and appealing to take it off is exceedingly difficult.

I'm pissed.

-Thom

• 4 weeks later...

I downloaded the firmware updater today. 

The hardest part (on a Windows 10 PC at least) is that Windows Defender now regards the binary of the flasher app as a virus.  It goes so far as to delete the executable, without asking confirmation.  I tried to mark the binary as an exception in Defender and it even refused to do that. 

To get Windows Defender to accept the flasher, I had to:

1. Create a folder
  2. Add the folder to Windows Defender as an exception (in other words, don't scan the folder for viruses)
  3. Then extract the flasher app to that folder.

Microsoft provides this link with the details.

Also important (this isn't virus checker-related, it's also mentioned on the fujinet.online site, but it can also be a stumbling block):

1. Install the USB drivers (needed to create the COM port)
  2. Run the flasher app as Administrator.

Once I did all that, the flasher app ran perfectly and updated my Fujinet FW.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

finally, was able to get the site removed from the Norton blacklist. If anyone is will to provide good user reviews it would be appreciated.

https://safeweb.norton.com/report/show?url=https%3A%2F%2Ffujinet.online

1892998301_Screenshotfrom2020-12-2807-47-59.thumb.png.ed977e62161dd423cee5f3b28ac84dcf.png

Not sure if it's related but I read some info about Microsoft and others not liking any older hash algorithms and I was providing MD5's for the firmware binaries. Have now switched to SHA256 sums.

• Like 1